We have a current opportunity for a Fire Safety Technician on a permanent basis.
Health and Safety: We provide comprehensive advice and assistance across the broad subject of occupational health and safety, including fire safety and statutory compliance. We help ensure the University complies with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and that studying, working, or visiting the University is not at the detriment to anyone's health, safety, or wellbeing.
You will be responsible for:
* Undertaking statutory monitoring, testing, inspection, and where appropriate, maintenance of various fire safety systems across the University campus.
* Maintaining and updating all logbooks and compliance-related records, as required.
* Assisting the Fire Safety Officer in monitoring, recording and reporting fire safety related issues concerning the University's operations.
* Assisting the Fire Safety Officer by completing on site audits and inspections of buildings and the external physical environment.
* Undertaking fire risk assessments of non-complex buildings within the University's portfolio.
* Undertaking one-off projects for the Fire Safety Officer, producing associated reports.
* Proactively carry out of duties as may be necessary for the functioning of the service. Opportunities To contribute to the provision of service to other potential future clients. Training and development opportunities in support of delivery of the above responsibilities.
What you will need to succeed
We are open to your background. What we are more interested in is having a self-motivated and professional individual who will be able to upskill quickly, undertake appropriate technical training if needed, but just as importantly someone with the flexibility, energy and ideas to help us take this Practice forward and develop our service offering for our clients.
Key skills you will need to be able to demonstrate are:
* A willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
* Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office IT packages.
* A proactive approach, with the ability to use initiative in dealing with a wide variety of issues as well as a flexible approach to work.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently in relation planning, organising and performance of work tasks.
* Experience of working within a team and ability to work with others outside the service.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills.
* Ability to meet agreed deadlines and to organise and prioritise own work. Work is accurate, honest and thorough with the ability to admit mistakes. What would be an added benefit
* Basic knowledge of fire safety legislation and its practical application.
* Some experience of carrying out fire risk assessments in non-complex buildings.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.