Legal Cashier (11 Month FTC Mat Cover)
Morgan Hunt have partnered with a top 20 London Law firm, operating on a global capacity. A fantastic opportunity, with a London leading law firm which proudly present over 150 years' worth of experience in the industry and more than 3000 employees globally, my client is looking for a Legal Cashier to come in on a fixed term contract to assist the team with the daily duties.
As part of being an integral member of the legal cashier team based in the London standing office, there will be a focus to liaise with the partners, fee earners and secretaries of the firm to ensure queries are dealt with, in a timely manner. Along with the above, there will be an expectation for you work closely Senior legal cashier and cashier manager.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Legal Cashier
- Processing daily cash allocations for the UK office for both UK, US and Euro accounts to ensure they comply with the SRA regulations and company policies
- Reconciling the bank on a daily basis, ensuring the fees are posted and reconciled in a timely manner
- Completing the month end bank reconciliations for both office and client account
- Ensuring that out of date account cheques are cancelled and followed up with as per the company protocol
- Completing the partners drawings and distribution postings which must include the bank file uploads
- Maintaining the cash flow forecast balances across all bank accounts
- Posting the cash for both, bank charges and direct debits
- Reviewing the daily credit alerts for the credit disbursements
- Maintaining the currency floats and reconciliations to a high standard
- Assisting with the client accountant transactions upon request, which will all consist manual deposit interest
- Keying the supplier payments onto the company banking system
- Ensuring the multi-currency supplier disbursement invoices are posted as per the deadline
- Making sure the supplier invoices for counsel, balance and are posted on time
- Handling the residual balances project are maintained in line the compliance
Desired experience of the Legal Cashier
- Experience operating as a cashier within a legal environment
- Strong knowledge of SARs
- In depth experience of using a legal finance system (Elite 3e, Aderant or equivalent)
- Good communicator
- A strong multitasker and good time management
- Able to meet deadlines
- An eye for attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently on their own
- Brilliant team dynamics
This role is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has experience operating as a legal cashier within a legal environment, looking to further advance their skillset. If you are ready to take that step forward and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.