Morgan Hunt are currently working exclusively with a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their search for a Permanent Senior Category Manager/Commercial Lead across the Construction and Property Services Category. The successful post holder will essentially be the Commercial Director of their own portfolio.
As a successful postholder you will be responsible for implementing a category management approach across the Group to ensure that goods, services, and works are procured efficiently and achieve value for money through providing procurement and commercial expertise, and utilising market knowledge. You will act as an ambassador and promote best practice within Procurement, while working across the team and organisation to deliver high value complex contracts.
You will have experience working within Procurement and Category Management, within a large Public Sector organisation. You will have strong knowledge of Public Sector Procurement (including PCR 2015 and OJEU). You will have experience within competitive dialogue, competitive procedure with negotiation and establishment of framework agreements. You will be a pragmatic, influential and well-communicated Procurement Professional with strong management, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
Job Title: Commercial Lead
Location: Hybrid (2-3 Days in the Office Per Week)
Salary: Up to £65,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 - 37.5 hours per week)
About the role
As part of the role you will lead the provision of a professional end-to-end procurement service, taking responsibility for strategic categories of procurement spend. The post is also accountable for utilising data and market analysis, to develop effective procurement strategies for the category, that maximise best and added value from the market whilst ensuring compliance with public procurement regulations.
- Provide excellent professional advice to inform organisation-wide business strategy, keeping the organisation at the forefront of innovative practice and commercial excellence on strategic procurement, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- To drive the annual procurement savings target planning activities and coordinate inputs across multiple categories of spend; to provide an expert view on complex categories of spend with procurement plans for projects.
- To establish and maintain key relationships with internal and external users, suppliers and system providers, for example managing supplier relationships (external) and senior departmental managers (internal) through the procurement process and Category Board governance for a strategic category of spend, and to act as a business partner across a range of departments whose requirements are considered to be complex and/or challenging.
- Support the Assistant Director Property & Projects to identify opportunities for commercial initiatives to effectively manage the supply chain across the departments of the organisation and the wider public and private sectors across London.
- To lead the development of a comprehensive category strategy to identify opportunities to drive improvements and/or efficiencies from the market and to effectively plan and resource procurement activity.
- To manage the activity of any Procurement and Contract Managers and Procurement and Contract Officers assigned to support the category, ensuring projects are delivered on time and providing assurance regarding quality and risk management.
- In-depth knowledge of Public Procurement legislation (PCR 2015, OJEU, etc)
- A pragmatic and self-motivated individual with strong relationship building, negotiating and influencing skills which are able to win difficult stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge in developing and successfully delivering category, procurement and / or contract management strategies; realising cashable and non-cashable benefits.
- Relevant experience as a professional expert in a large complex organisation with expert knowledge in the specialist field.
- Significant experience and knowledge of delivering procurement projects on time and to budget using a structured methodology
- Understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including influencing skills and ability to develop business networks and work collaboratively.
- Experience within the Construction or Public Sector realms
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Commercial Lead.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.