Are you an interim Head of Revenues and Benefits looking for work in Bedfordshire or remotely from home?
Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in Bedfordshire is looking to recruit an interim Head of Revenues and Benefits to effectively lead a service consisting of 90 full-time equivalent staff to ensure that the council delivers an exemplary Revenues and Benefits service, moving from the upper half to the upper quartile of all UK local authorities, and complying with government reporting guidelines and legislation.
This assignment has been deemed inside of IR35 and will offer hybrid working.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Lead, develop and direct the Commercialisation Strategy for the Revenues and Benefits service, ensuring that the service responds effectively to market opportunities and delivers a net profit for the Council.
- Be a lead officer and specialist advisor for all Revenues and Recovery issues.
- Maximise the income that the Council receives whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction is high and economic growth is supported.
- Ensure that the service is responsive to legislative change and able to quickly adapt to respond to new opportunities and threats.
- Lead debt strategy, manage the enforcement of all Council Tax and Business Rates (NNDR) debt, and contract with out-of-borough enforcement agents where necessary.
- Maximise the impact of the financial assessments and associated financial support that the Council provides to its residents in need around either Housing costs, Care costs, and other forms of Poverty (e.g. Free School Meals and Crisis).
- Provide strategic leadership for the work of the service to reduce poverty, improve the adult social care and homeless pathways, and to ensure that a systems wide approach to assessing need is created and implemented.
- Set Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rate Relief strategy.
- Increase liabilities by finding new hereditaments and challenging and increasing existing valuation office valuations.
- Devise discretionary rate relief strategy and policy frameworks and implement in conjunction with the Service Directors of Finance and Revenues and Benefits and Customer Services.
- Take the strategic lead on Housing Subsidy received from the government, Housing Benefit overpayments, aged debt, Council Tax, Business Rates and Adult Social Care income.
- Lead the system administration of computerised applications used by the whole service.
- Lead the development and delivery of the financial vision for the service, annual budgetary planning and budget review and monitoring.
- Determine and ensure effective implementation of performance standards, objectives, and targets.
- Take effective action to manage and continuously improve upon key performance indicators both nationally and locally.
- Lead and deliver exemplary relationships with external partners.
- Assist the preparation of reports and statutory returns for Executive, Scrutiny, Dept of Communities and Local Government, Department of Work and Pensions, Corporate Management Team or other working groups as required.
- Provide briefings for Directors and members.
- Support the Service Director in the strategic management of the service and attend service management team meetings.
If you're looking to work for a Public Sector and Government client based in Bedfordshire and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be an interim Head of Revenues and Benefits, please contact the team with an up-to-date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.