Are you a Revenues Officer looking for work in Hampshire or remotely from home?
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen with Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in Hampshire who is looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated and committed Revenues Officer to join their Revenues and Benefits Team.
This Public Sector and Government client provides high standards of performance and customer service to residents within the Borough through the administration of Council Tax and Business Rates. They have over 55,000 properties, with this number growing due to new developments. The Council are committed to making a positive difference for all residents, businesses and visitors, and they are proud to be delivering on their promise to create sustainable communities and increase employment and well-being opportunities for all.
You will be working within a professional and multi-skilled team of around 50 colleagues, all of whom create a supportive team environment to enable everyone to work to their full potential, for an organisation that is committed to a flexible and enjoyable work environment.
You'll enjoy many work benefits including:
- Local Government pension scheme (defined benefits scheme)
- Up to 27 days annual leave (dependent on local government service)
- Flexible working scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work-life balance
- Childcare voucher scheme (subject to Government amendments)
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Proficiently use the Academy (Capita) Revenues and Benefits processing system
- Administer the Billing, Collection and Recovery of Council Tax
- Understand and comply with legislation and regulations
- Analyse, problem-solve and respond to requests as well as an understanding on when to escalate a case
- Open, close and amend Council Tax Accounts
- Take payments and set up direct debits
- Apply discounts, reliefs, exemptions and disregards
- Handle moves in and out of properties
- Trace absconded Council Tax Payments
- Deal with Attachment of Earnings and Benefits
- Determine liabilities
- Issue reminders and notices
- Handle summons arrangements
- Liaise with external organisations including Bailiffs
- Prepare cases for Magistrates Court Committals
- Be accurate, detailed and professional in approach to work
- Deliver high standards and good customer service
If you're looking to work remotely from home for a Public Sector and Government client based in Hampshire, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Revenues Officer, please contact the team with an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.