Morgan Hunt have partnered with a top 50 UK law firm, whose Primary office is in London, to find an Accounts Payable Officer. They have over 500 lawyers operating across the Middle East, Europe the Americas and more. They specialise in solving complex issues within various industries and providing professional advice to add value to their clients.
The Accounts Payable Officer will work within a small team in the London office to provide an efficient and effective accounts payable function to the Finance Department. The Accounts Payable Officer needs to have initiative and be able to collaborate within a team well.
The ideal Accounts Payable Officer will have to:
- Prepare weekly bulk payment runs by BACS and CHAPS on the firms online banking platform in adherence to suppliers' payment terms.
- Reconciling supplier statements on a regular basis to identify any discrepancies and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Confidently communicating with suppliers, fee earners or budget holders.
- Updating the suppliers purchase ledger database.
- Dispatching remittance advice to suppliers as a confirmation of payment.
Ideal skills would include:
- Previous accounts payable experience.
- Adequate knowledge of specific Legal Finance systems.
- Broad knowledge of UK VAT legislation and its application to cash book and purchase ledger transactions.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good knowledge of MS office.
This opportunity with a top 50 UK Law firm will allow the successful Accounts Payable Officer to progress and develop their career in Legal Finance. If you are an ambitious, proactive candidate seeking their next step in their career, please get in touch as soon as possible.
Please contact Finlay Clark on 0207 419 8939 to get more information on the role or apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.