Morgan Hunt are currently working with a high-profile Charity, in their search for an Employment Lawyer to deliver a professional (and specialist), proactive and responsive legal advice service, predominantly focused around legal employment matters.
You will be responsible for providing specialist technical and expert legal advice on a range of legal issues relevant to managing a diverse legal case load (predominantly employment matters, but including commercial contracts, intellectual property and property matters).
You will manage outsourced legal services, advocate on behalf of the organisation and undertaking specific corporate projects. You will also be responsible for revising, drafting, and amending policies, procedures, templates and guidelines to enhance legal compliance and mitigate risk.
The successful applicant will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with experience providing In-House Legal Services (ideally within Regulatory or Charity Law). You will have generalist legal knowledge, with expert knowledge of employment law.
You will have experience making effective legal decisions, analysing complex legal documentation, presenting across an organisation and providing high-quality legal advice. You will be a strong communicator (written and verbal) with strong legal judgement and the ability to work autonomously.
Job Title: Employment Lawyer
Location: Hybrid (Remote & London Office)
Annual Salary: £40,000 - £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
- Provide proactive and responsive specialist technical and expert legal advice on a range of legal issues relevant to managing a diverse legal case load (predominantly relating to employment law)
- Enable legal and regulatory compliance through expert legal training and legal awareness briefings tailored to particular organisational needs
- Ensure the provision of effective legal action and decisions and to avoid or mitigate legal risks
- Deliver targets for costs savings, achieved through outsourcing work to other legal firms where that specialist expert legal advice in not available from the Panel and to manage the delivery of this work
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships at all levels
- Revising, drafting and amending policies, procedures, templates and guidelines to make an impact on internal and external commercial and employment relations and compliance
- Conduct advocacy before court or to instruct counsel or other legal specialists, where appropriate, to support and represent the organisation's legal position, reputation and objectives
- Advocating in formal and informal mediation and settlement processes and facilitating and organising such processes, including drafting and implementing relevant authorised agreements
- Deliver reporting requirements, in accordance with agreed procedures
- Undertake specific corporate projects and to participate within cross functional working groups and client stakeholders, including making relevant legal decisions and recommendations, drafting relevant legal documentation including implementing legally effective and efficient contracts
- Provide expert technical guidance and direction to less experienced staff/colleagues, with a view to equipping internal clients to protect the organisation from adverse legal risks and encourage legal compliance
- To act as Supplier Manager with the organisation's Select Panel of (external) Legal Providers, determining when to outsource legal instructions, to project manage the implementation of legal service contracts and identifying and sourcing external legal needs in cross-jurisdictional matters
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with current practising certificate and experience in an in-house legal role
- Generalist Legal knowledge, with expert knowledge of employment law
- Experience presenting across an organisation
- Experience working within a government, charity or regulatory environment
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to assess complex legal documents and make recommendations for action
- Proven experience providing high-quality internal advice, reports and papers
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Planning and organisational skills, able to manage own workload with flexibility
- Ability to provide advice and guidance balancing commercial needs and organisational values
- Ability to make informed decisions and to solve problems
- Expertise in advising on legal compliance on complex legal issues
- Experience of providing legal advice to Senior Leadership Team
- Ability to guide and direct less experienced lawyers
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for an Employment Lawyer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.