Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Healthcare Charity in their search for a Legal Advisor to provide legal services in relation to contracts, data protection and governance (as well as general legal issues)
You will be responsible for a range of general legal work within the Safeguarding and Compliance team, including the following: general contractual and legal advice on a wide range of subjects, support on key corporate policies (data privacy in particular), support on international governance requirements and advising on a wide range of business/charity/NGO related issues
You will support the country programmes of specific regions within the organisation and develop relationships with key stakeholders to assist them with the wide variety of legal needs they may have, in particular contracts, governance and trademarks.
The successful candidate will have a strong qualified legal background (generalist) with knowledge of charity, contract and data privacy law. You will have experience advising on a range of legal and governance matters, while providing in-house legal services and working with external Lawyers. You will be a well communicated, organised and confident individual with the ability to work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity, looking for someone to work on a hybrid working basis, with the potential for international travel opportunities.
Job Title: Legal Advisor
Location: Hybrid Working (London Office)
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of legal documents and agreements
- Execute a customer engagement strategy and build relationships, while engaging with members of staff both in London and abroad.
- Advise and making recommendations on matters of concern and risk that can be detrimental to successful contract performance.
- Lead and support in the drafting and delivery of contract management training to embed a good contract culture
- Help design, consult on, draft, review and/or input into the organisational data privacy policies, processes and /or guidance
- Ensure implementation/compliance mechanisms are in in place and function as they should
- Manage governance queries from or relating to the country programmes (such as replacements to local member bodies and boards) and providing support to entities in complying with their governance obligations, including delivering training
- In liaison with local lawyers, advise on how to set up or restructure operations so as to comply with local law while meeting commercial and charitable objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date corporate information on branch offices and corporate entities
- Advise on charity law, company law, data protection and other laws and regulations as required.
- Review and support on lease and property related questions.
- Support on UK litigation matters, international litigation and other pre-litigation claims and concerns.
- Conduct or supervise legal research as required.
- Qualified Lawyer (Generalist, with understanding of UK Charity Law)
- Contract law experience gained from well-regarded law firm/in-house/charity practice and ability to draft contracts to a high standard -
- Data protection experience, in the UK and internationally
- Experience in-house or in another INGO or charity
- Experience project managing and working with external lawyers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills / Ability to cut to the most important points and explain and write simply
- Confidence and ability to turn hand at short notice to wide range of legal issues
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Legal Advisor.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.