Morgan Hunt are recruiting for a Payroll Manager for a South London based Education organisation. This is a permanent role paying £65,000 to £70,000 with a hybrid working pattern - 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
They are looking for an experienced, qualified Payroll Manager to join a pioneering education charity, and one of the leading multi-academy trusts in the country. The role sits within the Payroll and Pensions team as an integral part of the Finance Department and is responsible for the payment of approx. 4,100 monthly paid employees.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that each stage of the payroll process complies with due processes and procedures
- Paying all staff correctly, on a monthly basis
- Ensuring that correct payments are made, and appropriate information is provided, to the Federation's
pension schemes, HMRC and other statutory bodies
- Providing advice and expertise in relation to the impact of external changes on occupational pension schemes
- Managing the provision of the Payroll and Pensions service offered within the Harris Federation
The main responsibilities for the Payroll Manager are:
- To undertake all aspects of line management responsibilities for any members of staff reporting in to this position: includes recruitment, performance management, personal development, absence
- To ensure effective communication channels are in place both within the team and with the organisation generally in relation to payroll and pension matters.
- To ensure the provision of an effective, accurate and timely payroll process.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements of PAYE and pension schemes and to ensure accurate and timely reporting as required by HM Revenue and Customs, Real Time information and pension scheme returns.
- To lead the development and enhancement of Payroll and Pension system processes, in liaison with the Human Resource Department, to provide an efficient and effective service to employees throughout the organisation.
- To manage the interface between the Payroll system and the main accounting system ensuring financial integrity. To exercise financial control; monitoring; reconciling and reporting information to relevant bodies.
Qualifications & Experience of the Payroll Manager:
- Full CIPP qualification and a current active membership of the CIPP.
- Experience of Oracle Fusion payroll software
- A proven track record of managing a highly effective Payroll and/or Pension office to include a working knowledge of statutory requirements affecting PAYE, Defined Benefits Pension schemes and benefit structure
- Strong Pension knowledge - Education or Local Authority
- Sound knowledge of ERP system software
- A strong understanding of manual and computerised payroll systems and principles
There are great benefits available for the successful Payroll Manager including but not limited to:
- A wide range of training and development opportunities including structured qualifications
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Electric Car Scheme
- Discounts on shopping, gym and leisure
Ideally, this role is starting in June so if you are an experienced Payroll Manager, with the ability to commute to South London a couple of times per week, for a transformational and high quality Education organisation, then please apply ASAP!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.