Morgan Hunt are currently working with a UK Regulatory Body in their search for a permanent Pensions Lawyer to provide specialist pensions law advice, in relation to all types of occupational pension schemes.
You will be responsible for advising and conducting legal work in relation to regulatory activity (including contentious and enforcement work) as well as project-based policy initiatives, involving a broad range of activity.
The successful post-holder will be a Qualified Lawyer (10 years PQE), who has specialised in Pensions Law. You will have generalist experience within Pensions Law, with strong knowledge of Defined Benefits. You will have experience advising trustees and employers, with an understanding of the challenges facing pension schemes, and knowledge of operational master trusts.
It is an exciting time to join a large team, to which you will be provided with strong development and progression opportunities. You will be entitled to additional employment benefits (such as Civil Service Pension, 25 days annual leave bank holidays, and flexible time up to 2 days per month).
The successful post-holder will be expected to attend the Brighton Office 4 days per month.
Job Title: Pensions Lawyer
Location: Hybrid (Brighton Office 4 days per month)
Annual Salary: £78,000 - £90,000
Job Type: Permanent
- Provide robust and effective legal advice (including advice on the development and review of regulatory codes and guidance, implementation of new legislation and on the availability of the statutory powers to deliver mitigations to the risks to good member outcomes and take enforcement action where appropriate)
- Contribute to the development of well-informed, consistent legal lines to take drawing on external advice as necessary
- Support the Head of Legal Services and Lead Lawyers
- Provide legal risk mitigation advice, Including in relation to the development of operational policies and working processes and specialist consultancy in additional areas of individual specialisms (including public law, equality, judicial review risk mitigation, DPA and FOIA legislation)
- Enable lines of business to manage public law risk through training and embedding of public law principles
- Provide legal advice and analysis on cases for submission to the Determination Panel, Tribunals and the Courts
- Current Legal Practising Certificate In England & Wales
- Relevant legal knowledge including: recent experience advising on Trust Law, Pension Schemes Acts 1993, 2015 and 2017, Pensions Acts 1995, 2004, 2008, 2011and 2015, Public Service Pension Schemes Act 2013 and working knowledge of Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information principles
- Demonstrable recent previous experience of advising trustees and employers of occupational pension schemes and detailed knowledge of the challenges facing pension schemes
- Knowledge of the operation of master trusts
- Ability to identify, prioritise and plan effectively
- Ability to deliver appropriate outcomes in line with objectives
- Ability to evaluate, learn, adapt and improve
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to present and influence a range of audiences
- Ability to build good working relationships
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Pensions Lawyer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.