Morgan Hunt are currently working with a supportive and friendly hiring manager within one of our best and longest standing Education organisations. They are looking for an L&D and HR Officer on a temporary basis initially, paying £14.34 - £16.07 per hour. The position will be mainly home based with very occasional travel into the office in London. This role reports into the Head of HR and the L&D Advisor.
Job purpose of the L&D and HR Officer:
The Officer will support and organise the work of the Human Resources and Organisational Development/Learning and Development Departments in:
- Supporting the work of the HR, OD and L&D Teams in shaping the Organisation's culture and direction
- Providing day to day administrative support to mainstream HR and to OD and L&D
- Leading on appropriate projects and support activity to ensure that the HR, OD and L&D Team complete its service provision
- Enhancing staff communications in the organisation
- Collating and analysing all forms of staff and Trade Union feedback and acting on it
- Delivering reward and recognition strategies
The specific activities of this role will be shaped by the type and variety of the different projects managed by HR, OD and L&D so it will be a very interesting role!
Some of the duties of the L&D and HR Officer will include but aren't limited to:
- Actively working with the HR Operations Team and the Learning and Development Team and the Head of HR and OD to ensure that all aspects of the Teams strategic aims and objectives are met. This may involve working on the HR, OD and L&D SAR, and work plan
- Developing the content, and drawing on other managers and contributors, to produce regular staff information and Team Briefing Document which contains important operational information which staff need to know in a user friendly manner.
- Actively support HR, OD and L&D staff in the various relevant and appropriate support tasks as regularly require This includes assisting HR with data input on the HR on-line system and from time to time assisting HR with the recruitment processes within the organisation.
- Understand and input onto the Learning and Development system training and content.
- Co-ordinate 'The Hub' development activities to ensure that the organisation utilises its intranet in an efficient and timely manner.
- To support members of the Executive Leadership Team in using existing and newly developed communication channels to meet with and communicate with staff e. ELG breakfasts, twitter feeds, staff networking opportunities.
- Act as lead within HR, OD and L&D on the Departments pages and content on 'the Hub'
- To help organise cross college events or activities which span HR, OD and L&D such as Corporate Induction, Staff Development Days etc.
Experience and skills needed for the L&D and HR Officer role:
- Experience of working within a HR, Professional Development or other relevant type of role which would provide an understanding of the needs of an organisation and staff experiencing significant change and also very strong people skills to help put forward ideas and implement effective people strategies in the organisation
Strong organisational skills
Project management skills
IT skills - effective utilisation of Microsoft Office
Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative
Ability to communicate and work effectively with others at all levels to embed process changes and address the needs of the organisation
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines.
This role will be mainly home based with very occasional travel into the London office. If you want to know more about this role then please apply ASAP! Virtual interviews will be taking place next week with a quick turnaround so you will need to be immediately available to start!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.