Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Professional Service Provider, who work in partnership with Educational Institutions, in their search for a permanent Information Governance Officer to assist the team and ensure the delivery of a best practice service to clients.
You will be responsible for managing a range of information requests (such as DSARs, FOIs and Police), as well as supporting the IG Team in a range of administration and project tasks. You will support DPIAs, privacy notices and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of relevant registers (such as ROPA).
The successful candidate will have experience within Information Governance (ideally within the Public or Educational Sectors). You will have knowledge of relevant legislation and standards, with experience dealing with DSARs and other information requests.
You will have strong IT literacy and communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to manage a range of stakeholders. You will be an organised, dynamic and independent self-starter, with commercial acumen.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new and growing organisation, which will provide excellent development and progression opportunities. The post will require ad hoc travel to client sites (travel will be expensed)
Job Title: Information Governance Officer
Location: Remote Working (with expensed travel to client sites when required)
Annual Salary: £28,000 - £33,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Day to day responsibility for information requests (DSARs, FoI, police, etc.)
- Supporting DPIAs, privacy notices and the creation and maintenance of relevant registers (such as ROPA)
- Supporting records management and retention activities (digital and physical)
- Supporting the IG Manager with the provision of training
- Supporting the IG Team in a range of administration and project tasks
- Contributing to the development and promotion of best practice and continuous improvement
- Experience within Information Governance ideally from a public sector/higher education background
- Experience of dealing with DSARs and other information requests, including related complaints
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work without immediate supervision but remain a team player
- Comfortable using IT applications
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for an Information Governance Officer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.