Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-established Healthcare Regulator in their search for a permanent Board Governance Manager to manage the Board (the Authority), the Audit and Governance Committee and other subcommittees.
You will be responsible for providing expert advice and information on governance matters as well as line managing the Executive Assistant to the Chair and Chief Executive, having oversight of their work. You will also be responsible for ensuring that minutes of any meeting are accurately taken and recorded well to ensure that members feel well supported.
The successful candidate will be someone with demonstrated experience managing and minuting a governing board. You will have strong background in Corporate Governance and Line Management experience with ideally a background in either the regulation or public sector.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and able to be flexible and hands on. You must also have the ability to make reasoned judgments and decisions and be confident at dealing with senior figures.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role in supporting the organisation and its committees, with the chance to make a real and tangible difference to their work.
Job Title: Board Governance Manager
Location: Hybrid Working (1 day per week London)
Annual Salary: £41,000 - £42,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (36 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Provide expert advice and information on Governance matters
- Responsible for line managing the Executive Assistant to the Chair and Chief Executive, having oversight of their work
- Ensuring that minutes of meeting are accurately taken and recorded well with members feeling well supported
- Ensuring that Board and other meetings operate in accordance with Standing Orders
- Ensuring that external members and advisers for various committees are recruited and appointed in a timely way
- Arranging annual training for members and new recruits
- Demonstrated experience of managing and minuting a governing board-must be an excellent minute taker
- Proven ability to develop and implement robust governance procedures
- Experience of managing terms of office and the recruitment of new committee members
- Excellent eye for details, thorough and have the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Must be able to make reasoned judgments and decisions and be confident at dealing with senior figures
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please contact to find out more information regarding this exciting opportunity for a Board Governance Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.