Morgan Hunt are currently working with one of the UK's Professional Regulatory Bodies, in their search for a temporary-to-permanent Governance Lead who will be responsible for ensuring the effective administration of the Council and its Committees.
You will be responsible for supporting both the Chair and Chief Executive & Registrar with Governance functions, to ensure the effective conduct of the Council and its governance processes.
The role will also involve secretariat management of the Council and its Committees, involving establishing an annual plan and arranging meetings, distributing documents and materials, producing high-quality minutes and following up on action points. You will support the recruitment and induction of Council and Committee positions.
You will provide executive assistance to the Chair and Chief Executive & Registrar, as well as undertaking a range of administration and office management tasks (such correspondence and email management, acting as a first point of conduct, ordering office supplies and updating the company website).
The role would be ideal for someone with experience in Corporate Governance and providing executive assistant at Senior Management/Board level. The successful applicants must be bright, possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills including handling complex and sensitive information with a high degree of skill and diplomacy. You will have excellent IT literacy - including with MS Office & Teams.
Job Title: Governance Lead
Location: Hybrid/London (2/3 days per week)
Hourly Rate: £16.00 - £18.00 (PAYE)
Job Type: Temporary-to-Permanent (3 months, with potential permanency)
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Responsible for ensuring the effective administration of the Council and its Committees
- Producing high-quality minutes of Council, Committee, booking of ad hoc meetings, matters arising
- Provide executive assistant support to the Chair and Chief Executive Registrar, communicating well and taking responsibility for delegated actions
- Establish an annual plan for meetings, confirming Members' availability for meetings, booking of meeting rooms to ensure the smooth running of meetings
- Help support the recruitment to Council and Committee positions preparing recruitment packs; organising marketing; liaising with applicants and maintaining good records
- Must act as the first point of contact for Members managing calls and email correspondence ensuring that the appropriate action is taken
- Preparing reports in respect of Declaration of Interests, receipt of gifts and hospitality and carrying out office management duties on a regular basis
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of delivering administrative support with a high level of delegated responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in corporate governance functions including working with a Board or Council
- Ability to work on own initiative and without close supervision and able to take personal responsibility
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills including handling complex and sensitive information with skill and diplomacy
- Must demonstrate a commitment to and understanding of the importance of equality and diversity and a commitment to a high standards of service delivery and customer care.
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Governance Lead.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.