Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-established Regulatory Body in their search for a temporary Governance Manager to establish a robust, accountable and transparent governance culture and processes that will support the effective operation of the organisation.
You will be responsible for managing the annual cycle of the Board, ensuring effective planning, secretariat management, recruitment, induction and training as well as being accountable for ensuring that a robust record of decisions making is held. You will provide constructive and authoritative advice across the organisation ensuring compliance with legal and statutory obligations and best practice standards.
This role would be perfect for an experienced Senior Governance professional, ideally with experience in the Public Sector (ideally within Education or Regulation). You will have strong stakeholder management, communication and organisation skills with the ability to effectively and fully manage a Board - including secretariat management, recruitment, induction, training and ensuring effectiveness.
This is a temporary position, due to last 2-4 months and you would be required to attend the London Office twice a week (based on Government guidance).
Job Title: Governance Manager
Location: Hybrid Working (London Office twice a week)
Day Rate: £190.00 - £230.00 (PAYE)
Job Type: Temporary (2-4 months, potential extension)
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Ensure an effective governance service is provided across the organisation, advising stakeholders on regulation, statutory obligations, governance policies, processes and best practice
- Lead the continued development of the governance processes and procedures
- Manage the annual cycle of Board, sub-committee and Executive Team business, including
- Taking and producing accurate minutes
- Managing action point completion
- Managing agendas, documentation and reviewing plans
- Maintain the publicly available annual register of interests for Directors and Executive Team
- Manage the formal stage 3 Complaints Procedure
- Ensures effective reporting on risk, and that the risk framework in place meets requirements
- Ensure full effective management of the Board, including
- Ensuring that all members adhere to the established Code of Conduct and the Nolan Principles.
- Ensuring regular reflection on effectiveness and performance
- Maintain an up to date skills matrix, ensuring regular review
- manages the Board succession planning process.
- Arrangement of recruitment, induction and training.
- Experience working in a Senior Governance position within the Public or (ideally) Education/Regulatory Sector
- Demonstrable experience of working with Boards, to record and maintain accurate records of meetings and decisions
- Authority on governance matters and able to confidently articulate relevant issues and potential solutions, challenging established processes
- Hands on approach required - someone willing to take meeting minutes and undertake detailed administration activities
- Expertise in the design and implementation of organisational monitoring and evaluation approaches
- High integrity and independent judgement and discretion in handling and/or communicating confidential information
- Maintains the highest standards of probity and conduct
- Good rapport building skills
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Governance Manager based remotely.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.