Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Professional Service Provider who work in partnership with Educational Institutions in their search for a permanent Information Governance Administrator to develop the Information Governance service line and ensure client requirements are met.
You will be identifying, recording and gathering information as well as dealing with incoming information requests (SARs, FOI, etc) on a daily basis. You will be responsible for managing relevant IG web pages and supporting the IG Officer/IG Manager with projects and developments.
In addition you will also be responsible managing low severity incidents/breaches to conclusion and escalating any higher severity cases to the IG Officer or IG Manager as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be someone with some Information Governance experience (ideally with experience in the Public or Educational Sectors). You must be able to work independently without supervision as well as being proactive and organised. You must also have excellent verbal communication, written and IT skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join a growing organisation, which would require ad hoc travel to client sites (travel will be expensed) and also offering career progression and opportunities to grow and develop further.
Job Title: Information Governance Administrator
Location: Remote Working (with expensed travel to client sites when required)
Annual Salary: £25,000 to £27,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Identifying, recording and gathering information for data subject access requests (DSARs), FOI requests and other information requests for onward progression by the IG Officer or IG manager
- Monitoring daily of IG queries in the IG shared inboxes, personally handling or reporting to the IG Officer or IG Manager as appropriate
- Managing low severity incidents/breaches to conclusion and escalating any higher severity cases to the IG Officer or IG Manager as appropriate
- Supporting the development and delivery of IG training, under the direction of the IG Manager
- Supporting records management and retention activities as required, digital and physical documents
- Supporting activities relating to publication scheme and maintaining relevant IG web pages and supporting the IG Officer/IG Manager with projects and developments
- Helping to contribute to the promotion of IG best practice and continuous improvement.
- Previous Administration experience in with some experience providing various types of information requests as well as dealing with incoming complaints
- Ideally someone with a Higher Education and public sector background or an investigation or triage background
- Excellent IT, communication, verbal and written skills
- Must be organised, proactive and able to deal with tight deadlines
- Capable of working independently without any supervision
- Must be willing to learn and develop further within the role.
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for an Information Governance Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.