Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Healthcare Membership Body, in their search for a permanent Information Governance Manager to provide strategic leadership in Information Governance, while providing expert advice across the organisation.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance and adherence to legal and regulatory obligations and ensuring best practise, through the review, development and implementation of the organisations Information Governance strategy (including the delivery of training).
You will develop and implement processes, policies and frameworks including but not limited to; processes for responding to subject access requests, breach notification process, compliance monitoring, privacy by design, assisting with DPIA, conducting privacy audits etc. You will also be responsible for handling a range of requests, breaches and improving control relating to intellectual property.
The role would be perfect for a Senior Information Governance Professional (ideally with experience in the Regulatory, Membership or NFP sectors). You will have expert knowledge around Data Protection Legislation, the ability to provide advice to Senior Stakeholders, review and develop policies and procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity, providing excellent benefits (such as 27 days holiday, a variety of L&D opportunities, and an enhanced contributory pension schemes). You will be required to attend the London Office three times per week.
Job Title: Information Governance Manager
Location: Hybrid (London Office 60%, Home 40%)
Annual Salary: £40,000 - £42,000
Job Type: Permanent
- Inform and advise across the organisation, and monitor ongoing compliance with data protection requirements
- Review and develop existing data protection policies and processes to ensure compliance with most recent legislation (GDPR and DPA 2018)
- Handle all Subject Access Requests, Requests to be Forgotten, and other DPA related requests
- Continue to implement a data protection compliance framework including but not limited to; processes for responding to subject access requests, breach notification process, compliance monitoring, privacy by design, assisting with DPIA, conducting privacy audits etc.
- Promote compliance awareness, and provide data protection training across the organisation
- Review & implement PCI DSS
- Ensure all retention schedules are up to date with recent legislation and are actively implemented
- Maintain and annually complete NHS Toolkit
- Appraise all paper records in off-site storage and implement outstanding disposal actions. Continue to manage this process including annual disposals.
- Ensure that records are offered to Archives department as appropriate and in line with retention policies
- Provide support, advice and guidance to staff on records management
- Research and plan for a solution to the management of digital records - considering a cloud based or SaaS solution, as well as the more traditional EDRMS product
- Develop strategy and plan to improve control of intellectual property
- Work with relevant managers to ensure compliance with the use of third party copyright material and with appropriate licences (e.g. CLA, NLA)
- Substantial experience in Information Governance and Data Protection (ideally within the Regulatory, Membership or NFP sectors)
- Experience defining strategy, and reviewing, developing and implementing policies and processes
- Extensive applied knowledge of the Data Protection Act and related legislation and guidance
- Expert knowledge of records management both in paper and digital environments.
- Experience of intellectual property management and understanding of the copyright environment
- Ability to work within a budget envelope and seek value for money options
- Ability to influence senior managers in the adoption of strategy
- Excellent organisational skills and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and negotiate priorities
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook packages
- Advanced database skills
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for an Information Governance Manager
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.