Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-established Healthcare Charity, who provide free confidential support to people experiencing issues with addiction or mental health, in their search for a permanent Information Governance Officer.
You will be responsible for managing and responding to a range of information requests (such as FoI, SARs, etc) as well as investigating and managing any data breaches. You will be responsible for managing and reviewing DPIAs, privacy notices, ROPAs and data sharing agreements to ensure that the organisation meets its statutory obligations
Additional responsibilities will also include ensuring that you regularly review and update Information Governance policies and procedures and to provide advice and guidance to colleagues and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Information Governance Professional (experience in healthcare would be ideal). You must have expert technical knowledge of GDPR and data protection. You must be able to work independently without supervision and able to hit the ground running.
You must also have strong IT literacy, organisation skills, communication skills and have excellent verbal communication and written skills.
Job Title: Information Governance Officer
Location: Remote Working (occasional travel to London office when required)
Annual Salary: Up to £36,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Managing and responding to a range of information requests (SARs, FoI, etc.)
- Manage and respond to data breaches and minimising any risks to data breaches
- Reviewing and managing DPIAs, privacy notice, ROPA and data sharing/processing agreements ensuring that the organisation meets its statutory obligations
- Regularly reviewing and updating IG policies and procedures and providing advice and guidance to colleagues and stakeholders on IG matters
- Providing advice, guidance and training where necessary and assisting the Data Protection Officer in reviewing any training materials
- Expert technical knowledge of Data Protection Act and Caldicott Principles as well as NHS Information Governance Toolkit
- Demonstrated experience in Information Governance ideally from a healthcare sector background
- Able to work independently without supervision as well as working within a team
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including external suppliers and partners
- Excellent organisation, verbal communication and written skills
- Proficient user of IT applications and softwares.
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for an Information Governance Officer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.