Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-established, high profile Regulatory Body in their search for a permanent Senior Governance Advisor to lead and manage Corporate Governance in partnership with the Board Secretary, Chair and Chief Executive.
This role will involve making sure that effective governance structures and processes are established, to enable the Board to carry out its responsibilities and meet the Organisation's Corporate Plan.
You will also be advising senior colleagues across the organisation, with writing and presenting papers, overseeing the management of complaints as well as identifying and monitoring risk. You will need to show initiative and work well without close supervision.
This role would be perfect for a team player and self-starter, with a knowledge of a regulatory environment.
Job Title: Senior Governance Advisor
Location: London (Hybrid 2 days per week)
Hourly Rate: £39,000 -£40,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (36 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Managing corporate governance across the organisation, to include providing advice to various Committees as necessary.
- Provide informational and technical support to the organisation through maintenance of records systems and create a new system of informational support.
- Plan and manage recurrent schedule of Board and Committee meetings, preparing effective Board agendas, taking and maintaining minutes of meetings.
- Act as primary contact with and support for Commissioners, from recruitment and induction to all aspects of support and to provide briefing for the Chairs of the Board and Committees ahead of meetings.
- Corresponding with senior colleagues across the Organisation to advise on content on content and organisation of papers for meeting agendas, to commission reports to Board and Committees, and to manage relationships.
- Ensuring that good practice and equality and diversity standards are reflected in all Board and Committee policies and activities.
- Supporting with the recruitment process and arranging appropriate staff training where required.
- Leading on the management of complaints and contributing to performance monitoring and risk management
- Relevant qualification or experience
- A proven track record of achievement in a similar role including liaising with senior management boards.
- Ability to deal confidently with Chair, Commissioner and Executive level colleagues
- Confident in dealing with conflict, with problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively
- Experience of developing policy and monitoring performance and risk
- Excellent written skills, with experience in writing reports for senior colleagues
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with changing demands and to meet strict deadlines
- Strong organisation skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong IT skills with strong Microsoft Word knowledge and the ability to learn new software programs.
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Senior Governance Advisor position.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.