· Lead on procurement activity for area of responsibility, leading the strategic sourcing initiatives, utilising NHSPS eSourcing tools, and supporting the decentralised procurement activities.
· Become a value enabler and trusted advisor to colleagues (supporting the business in the delivery and execution of strategic projects, provide market led intelligence for the development of business cases)
· Transition and implementation of procured contracts to ensure continuity of supply and risk/cost mitigation,
· Contribute to the development and execution of Procurement Category Strategies for area of responsibility.
· Liaison with NHSPS colleagues enabling the delivery of the Procurement Category Strategies and management of the supplier relationships to ensure compliance with the commercial contracts.
· Identifying and delivering new sourcing initiatives, demand management programs, internal communications of sourcing initiatives and reporting of results
· Lead strategic sourcing and negotiation process to support the Delivery community,
· Subject Matter Expert for area of expertise within Facilities Management category
· Supplier Management and continuous monitoring of strategic of supplier performance, working with Delivery colleagues to ensure consistency of service, quality, and compliance to contracts and established service level agreements.
· Act as primary point of contact for procurement related enquiries, new procurement initiatives and provide support to the business on day-to-day queries and issue resolution.
· Planning, organising, and executing category related procurement activities with the objective of obtaining best value while balancing commercial and legal risk.
· Reduce total cost of ownership for Facilities Management category third party spend whilst driving continuous improvement, leverage expertise of industry best practices, benchmarking of market competition.
· Escalation point on supplier disputes and/or performance issues
· Management of demand pipeline and contracts database with key stakeholders and wider business
· Preparation and management of strategic tenders and contract documents and analyse complex returns for high value contracts.
· Identification and delivery of saving initiatives within category responsibility. In case of any variance from plan or delivery targets, work with members of the team and key stakeholders to investigate the causes and lead on the implementation of solutions.
· Ensure commercial solutions and models meet business needs and objectives by constructively challenging internal stakeholder requirements.
· Support the development of business cases by the provision and management of procurement statistics.