Are you a Cloud Developer, looking for a new exciting role, at a leading organisation?
It is a very exciting time to join the organisation, with their new technology roadmap- inclusive of major systems implementation new products and service offerings and a customer centric focus to delivery, and an entire overhaul of their data.
Part of the change is to move to the cloud technologies including architectural design and the deployment of cloud solutions. You will Identify and optimise the interdependencies between applications and development and infrastructure operations through a collaborative approach to continuous delivery. Also, identify cost reduction in operations and delivery and integrated IT security controls are implemented.
£65K (Plus an excellent benefits package- including, contributory pension and private health insurance).
Flexible role Office once a fortnight/month in Canary Wharf, London.
1-year fixed term contract.
Role responsibilities for this Cloud Developer role-
- Ensuring risk based and cost monitoring are maintained.
- Being the Technical Lead in cloud-native technologies, distributed systems and orchestration platforms.
- Being the Technical Lead for project delivery work stream and assist selection and explore new areas of innovation.
- Assisting in building and designing and launching a greenfield cloud -hosted infrastructure/database platform.
- Performing evaluations of cloud technology standards, tools products and solutions and working closely with business and technology stakeholders.
- Maintaining a hybrid on-prem infrastructure and cloud platform.
- Designing and implement Kubernetes orchestration operator.
- Automating resource provisioning including compute and storage resources, logging and monitoring along with resource management such as scaling data ingress and egress, load-balancing, security updates and backups.
To be successful as a Cloud Developer, you will have-
- 5 years working experience in IT systems environments - operating systems, networking, applications, platforms and databases.
- Sufficient experience with backend Azure and AWS -3 years hands on working experience with cloud technologies including the architectural design and deployment of cloud solutions (i.e. AWS, Well-Architected or equivalent).
- Microsoft 365 experience.
- The ability to manage the cloud environment.
- Experience of building all pipeline, managing the automation and monitoring.
- The ability to build the Azure environment from scratch.
- Familiarity with software development -skill in either Python or Node.js/TypeScript, Kubermetes, Terraform, Cloudformation, virtualisation (VMWare, Xen, KVM), plus others: Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, etc.
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and FaaS, MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle.
- Agile methodologies, Unix, Linux, Aparche, Java, Perl, PHP. (You will be using Agile methodologies across entire SDLCM including Infrastructure as Code).
Two stage interview process
Further Information- 25 days holiday Bank Holidays, Private Medical Insurance -BUPA, Season Ticket Loan, Contributory Pension Scheme -up to 12%, Group Income Protection, EAP, Discounted gym membership.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.