Morgan Hunt are currently working with a high-profile Government Regulator, in their search for a temporary Senior Compliance Investigator to lead on compliance cases and investigation to achieve best outcomes in the interest of consumers.
You will be responsible for conducting investigations and managing cases to identify and understand cases of non-compliance within the sector. This will involve understanding the conditions, laws and regulations within the sector and analysing information and data supporting investigations, while assessing the quality of evidence.
You will draft documents such as case summaries and recommendations to enable informed decisions, compliance notes and other public documentation to publicise the impact of work and analytical documents based on evidence gathered from a range of sources. You will also act as first point of contact for suppliers, ensure a consistent investigative approach and engage with a range of stakeholders to gather evidence and inform cases.
You will have a strong investigation, compliance or enforcement background with experience within the Regulatory sector. You will be a highly organised and analytical person with strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
Job Title: Senior Compliance Investigator
Hourly Rate: £23.00 - £25.50 PAYE
Job Type: Temporary (3 months, likely extension)
Start Date: ASAP
- Leading multiple compliance cases and investigations across suppliers, achieving the best outcomes in the interest of consumers including securing redress and compensation, or referring to Enforcement
- Ensuring consistency of approach, being transparent with stakeholders and working with Enforcement, Communications, and Legal colleagues to achieve outcomes
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to gather and document intelligence on compliance to inform casework
- Leading, organising and project managing significant pieces of project work, coordinating closely with colleagues to understand the impact of your work in terms of resource and output.
- Be the contact person for a number of suppliers helping to build our industry expertise and our engagement with suppliers, and influence behaviour
- Build capability in the team by driving continuous improvement of our processes and practices, identifying and embracing opportunities for change
- Understanding non-compliance issues and identifying the licence conditions or consumer/competition laws that may have been breached
- Identifying whether there is non-compliance, and the extent of such
- Engaging with whistleblowers and external parties under investigation
- Analysing information and data to corroborate, potential non-compliance and assessing the quality of the available evidence
- Drafting and structuring documents including;
- Case summaries and recommendation papers to enable informed decisions on compliance cases and projects
- Compliance notes, press releases and other public documents to publicise the impact of our work
- Consumer harm and detriment analysis based on evidenced gathered from a range of sources
- Delivery and input into policy documents (eg analysis, consultations, decisions) including documents for publication
- Compliance or enforcement expertise - experience with investigative compliance or enforcement work
- Regulatory expertise - experience of working on energy policy and/or regulatory issues, either in government/regulator or in industry
- Analytical skills - the ability to understand, analyse and explain a topic or problem, identifying what is relevant and making recommendations for next steps. This includes both quantative and qualititative analysis.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Leadership skills - the ability to motivate and influence colleagues both within the compliance team and across the wider organisation
- Organisational skills - the ability to proactively prioritise, plan and schedule complex tasks and demonstrate problem solving skills. Able to monitor and report on progress as well assessing and managing risks.
- Ability to influence external stakeholders - We deal with a wide variety of external stakeholders some regulated and some not. You will need to be able to influence the actions of non-regulated organisations to deliver excellent customer outcomes
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Senior Compliance Investigator.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.