Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Healthcare Membership Body, in their search for a permanent Senior Research Project Manager to manage a range of projects aimed at facilitating, celebrating, and promoting high quality research within primary care.
This will involve the coordination of meetings, management of project plans and actions, regular reporting on progress and budget management across various projects to ensure progress it met. You will be contributing to the development and growth of the organisations research programme.
The role would be perfect for someone with strong experience managing and coordinating projects or programmes of work (preferably within Academia or Research). You will have experience managing budgets, reporting on projects and coordination of work across many stakeholders. You will have strong communication, line management and stakeholder engagement/management skills.
Job Title: Senior Research Project Manager
Location: Hybrid (Remote & London Office)
Annual Salary: £39,000 - £40,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week or more)
Start Date: ASAP
- Developing and implementing project plans, tracking and recording progress
- Creating and maintaining risk registers highlighting any concerns and following up
- Managing all research project budgets, including approving spend and forecasting.
- Managing governance processes for the programme, ensuring all project objectives are met and deliverables achieved
- Ensuring that project reporting is completed and submitted on time while leading meetings and contributing with project updates.
- Building networks and funding opportunities with organisations associated with primary care research
- Developing a strategic approach to research support and skills development
- Identifying, prioritising, and resolving issues that arise in relation to the strategic objectives for the research programme
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders internally and externally to anticipate risks and issues that will affect the wider organisation
- Managing and maintaining relationships with funders and strategic partners
- Developing communications, including strategic messaging, and ensuring that planned communications are delivered
- Line managing the Research Programme Officer including regular one to one meetings, all reviews, supporting development and managing any performance issues
- Experience managing and coordinating projects/programmes of work
- Experience within a Research or Academic Environment (while supporting research development)
- Demonstrated experience monitoring, reporting on, and evaluating projects
- Budget Management experience
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Able to negotiate and deliver contracts, and applications for funding
- Record of successful line management, with leadership and motivational skills
- Experience managing meetings and/or committees
- Able to interpret and combine information from a number of sources, identify issues and risk and provide solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and take ownership of projects
- Great interpersonal skills and able to build relationships quickly
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Senior Research Project Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.