We are working with a London based, Education organisation on a current opportunity for a HR Advisor on a 6 month fixed term contract basis. The position will be starting ASAP, paying £38,000 and will be a hybrid position working from home 2/3 days per week. This role is reporting into the HR Manager with no line management responsibilities.
Job Purpose of the HR Advisor:
Supporting and promoting the improvement of performance and effectiveness of the College through people centred, human resource management practices. Providing managers and colleagues with comprehensive, accurate and customer focused HR support to the College across all areas of Human Resource Management, including employee relations, recruitment and staff development.
Main Responsibilities of the HR Advisor:
- Provide first line advice, managing through to successful resolution on all matters relating to employment terms and conditions, employment law and the HR policies and procedures. On more complex matters, consulting the HR Manager / HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all customers and stakeholders, building trust and credibility to enable effective support.
- Handle casework dealing with matters such as performance management, disciplinary, grievances, sickness absence, capability and attendance. Support managers through the procedures; prepare papers and sitting on hearings and other formal meetings where appropriate. Undertake investigations as required.
- Implement recruitment and selection processes including taking campaign briefings, liaising with managers to design or update / amend job descriptions, drafting and placing advertisements, advising and supporting managers on the selection process and techniques sitting on interview panels and collecting all documentation in line with GDPR principles.
- Ensure the timely application of pre-employment checks, liaising between the People Operations administrators and hiring managers to agree suitable starting dates and liaising with other College services (e.g. finance, IT) to ensure a smooth on-boarding process.
- Support the induction and probation processes for new staff, including supporting the delivery of central induction sessions, creating resources for local induction and supporting managers with the probation process.
Person Specification for the HR Advisor:
- Level 5 CIPD Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent and up to date CPD.
- Significant generalist HR experience within a professional organisation.
- A good up to date working knowledge of employment law, HR policies and procedures, contractual terms and conditions and best practice.
- Experience of providing professional HR advice to managers and staff, managing casework and supporting managers through disciplinary, capability and grievance hearings
- Experience of recruiting and selecting of staff and streamlining recruitment processes for efficiency
- Experience in advising and supporting change management.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and interact well with staff from all areas of the organisation.
If you are a HR Advisor interested in an exciting new Fixed Term Contract then please apply ASAP!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.