Morgan Hunt are working with a central London based Civil Service organisation who are recruiting for a HR Officer for 6 months initially, paying £15 PAYE per hour. This is a hybrid/possibly homeworking role within a HR team looking after a specific project for the organisation. This role is reporting into the HR Manager and is a hands on role helping them to recruit a number of roles in the coming months.
Job purpose of the HR Officer:
To assist the HR team in the delivery of a full HR service providing timely advice, information and fit for purpose solutions.
To provide comprehensive and professional HR administration support and advice across the full employee lifecycle on all HR operational transactional processes.
Key Responsibilities of the HR Officer:
- Liaise with line managers to plan recruitment campaigns and agree deadlines in line with best practice, Recruitment Principles and Recruitment Policy
- Manage the administration of recruitment campaigns
- Participate on interview panels under the guidance of the HR Manager
- Process all pre-employment checks for new staff members and prepare and issue offer letters and contracts
- Set-up new starters on HRIS & Finance System accurately
- Induct new starters and ensure that line managers have the relevant information and paperwork to prepare for their new starter
- Process monthly payroll changes in a timely manner and in line with payroll deadlines
- Coordinate payroll support documentation
- Liaise with external payroll provider as required
- Assist on payroll audit queries
Reporting and MI
- Collating and production of regular and ad-hoc reporting requirements
General HR Administration
- Maintain accurate computerised records (inc. HRIS) in line with GDPR guidelines
- Process a full range of transactional HR actions and associated actions including monitoring and completion of probationary periods, changes to contracts, security re-vets, end of contracts, leavers administration and sickness absence, ensuring legal compliance
Essential experience and skills needed for the HR Officer:
- Previous experience of working within a busy HR function
- Experience of dealing with a high level of administration/coordination
- Experience of payroll administration and dealing with queries
- Excellent experience of working with a range of IT systems and applications including Word, Excel, HR Information System and finance system
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to handle confidential material appropriately, together with an awareness of data protection and information security guidelines
- Ability to translate and interpret policies and procedures, providing appropriate guidance and assistance when required
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
If you are an experienced HR Administrator/Officer who is comfortable and able to work from home and start a new role ASAP then please apply. This role can be based anywhere in the country as it can be fully home-based but ideally commutable to London.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.