Remote working - London
6 Months Contract with possible extension
£650 - £700 Per Day Inside IR35
My client is a leading Government sector organisation who are looking for a solutions architect to lead the design work on a project or programme component where appliable, working collaboratively with the project team, key business representatives to produce the end-to-end solution design including the high level and in some cases the medium tasks of how implement the solution.
- Meets the business requirements
- Moves the enterprise architecture forward towards the target architecture
- Can be supported and maintained easily, without increasing IT costs and complexity
- The solution is deliverable within given timescales
- Mentor and collaborate with the technical community to align and refine best practices and ensure their adoption, developing and maintaining buy-in and encouraging input into the development of an agreed, implementable digital architecture and a digital operating model.
- Promote best engineering practices including Test Driven Development (TDD), code reviews, automation, lean engineering principles, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps within the businesses current stage of maturity.
- Develop a knowledge of service design principles from bodies such as NCSC, OWASP, GDPR, GDS and Cabinet Office
- Drive forward a reduction in the complexity of the current IT estate, identifying opportunities for decommissioning, consolidation of components, applications, integration technologies, data and hardware
What you will need to succeed-
- Working knowledge of the Azure cloud offering with experience in designing solution in this space.
- Extensive experience in 2 or more IT disciplines (architecture, development, business analysis, application management, testing)
- Experience delivering complex cross-functional, solutions in a collaborative environment with exposure to multiple and diverse technologies and environments; and an ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems, translating business needs into technical solutions
- Full project lifecycle experience with the ability to deliver high quality E2E solutions to demanding timeframe
- Sound knowledge of architectural patterns, practices and frameworks, able to design and review solution architectures through the application of patterns and principles
- Experience of dealing with Stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, able to facilitate technical workshops, and clearly communicate ideas solutions and complex concepts through various means (written, presentation and in person), with both internal and external teams and non-technical audiences
- Good commercial acumen and a proven ability to influence business decisions
- Strong relationship building and management skills with internal stakeholders (including senior management) and third parties
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Changing and Improving
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Making effective decisions
- Leading and Communicating
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Previous Government sector experience
What you get in return-
£650 - £700 Per Day Inside IR35
Option to go Perm with a desirable salary
What you need to do next-
Please apply by sending an updated copy of your CV
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.