We have a current opportunity for a Media Relations Manager with a Public Sector client on a temporary basis for 3 months, with the opportunity to apply to become permanent if desirable for the candidate. The position can be fully remote. The salary for the role is £42-49k DOE.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and digital savvy Media Relations Manager to join the Communications Directorate. The role is best suited to a person with experience of working in a pressurised press office environment and with an in-depth understanding and experience of creating and engaging with digital content, working with a range of digital and social media channels. You'd be expected to hit the ground running, actively encourage ideas from a range of sources and stakeholders and use these to inform thinking as well as identify a range of relevant and credible information sources.
· Provide professional communications advice to senior policy and communication colleagues.
· Proactively work alongside policy colleagues in a timely way to examine, define and advise on the communications aspects of policy issues.
· Design and develop innovative and integrated communications strategies, working within and drawing inspiration from the Government Communication Service campaigns model.
· Handle high-profile and sensitive media issues. Develop good working relationships with key media - national, regional, and specialist. Provide a clear, trusted brief to media and other partners.
· Rapidly develop productive working relationships with communications colleagues, policy officials and key stakeholders; help develop and implement communications plans.
· Embed evaluation and tracking into communication strategies. Determine evaluation criteria and consider how to assess the impact of communication.
· Work with the wider organisation to generate and deliver content ideas and write news releases, social media posts and briefings.
· Ensure the most appropriate and cost-effective channels mix is used to maximise the potential of digital channels.
· Edit, revise and optimise copy and content according to latest search engine optimisation best practice, for use/re-use in digital channels.
· Develop communication plans considering resources and budgets. Identify risks and plan mitigating actions.
1. Seeing the big picture
2. Communicating and Influencing
3. Working Together
4. Delivering At Pace
1. Managing excellent relationships with journalists, senior management and external peers, standing your ground and handling challenge appropriately when needed.
2. Earning coverage across mainstream and digital media, demonstrating strong editing skills to ensure high-quality and timely press releases, rebuttals and lines to take in response to developing stories.
3. Creating and engaging with digital content and working with a range of digital and social media channels as part of an integrated communication strategy.
4. Working in a pressurised press office environment with around five years' experience of such.
1. Highly proficient in UK English spelling, grammar and punctuation.
2. Proficiency in using social media tools and analytics.
Please apply below if you are interested in this position.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.