Morgan Hunt are working with a brilliant College in the heart of South West London. We are looking for Note Takers to work for Lambeth College.
Location: South West London, Lambeth College, Clapham Campus
Contract: on going
Pay: £12 - £14.50 per hour
Hours: Part time, Monday - Friday
As a note taker you will support a student's learning by providing clear and accurate notes as a record of lectures or classes. Students may have difficulties taking notes for a number of different reasons, for example sight or hearing impairments, specific learning difficulties or because writing is difficult and painful. Notes are essential tools for learning and revision, therefore the work of a note taker provides crucial support.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide the student with an accurate and full account of the information conveyed in lectures or classes where it is necessary to take notes.
- To ensure notes are clear and comprehensive. This requires fast and accurate typing, legible handwriting, accurate spelling and the ability to extract all relevant information from lecture material.
- To provide notes to the student within 48 hours, in an agreed format to meet their needs. (In many instances this will involve provision of typed notes, but might also include alternative formats, such as handwritten/ large print/ on A3 paper/ on coloured paper/ delivered by hand to College pigeon hole/ typed-up or scanned and sent via email to a College email account).
- To maintain regular contact with the student, from the outset of your work, to ensure they are receiving notes in a timely fashion and in a mutually agreed format. Please note that some students may favour contact to be by e-mail.
- To complete and return relevant paperwork accurately and promptly.
- To work in a professional, helpful and flexible manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To be mindful of the importance of the role you are engaged in for the student for whom you are working.
- To liaise with the ALS Curriculum Manager and other relevant parties on an ongoing basis, in order to monitor support, provide adequate notice if you are unable to attend lectures and ensure notification of any changes to your availability for work or contact details.
- To engage in training relevant to the role and occasional supervision/ team meetings where relevant.
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills.
- Evidence of education to degree (or equivalent) level,
- Ability to provide clear, succinct and relevant materials for students in their preferred format.
- Good IT skills and access to a computer (notes often need to be typed up and formatted).
- Clear and legible handwriting at speed.
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently and to deadlines.
- Well organised, punctual and reliable.
- Have a positive attitude towards equality and access for people with disabilities.
- The ability to communicate sensitively and tactfully, both orally and in writing with individuals at all levels within the College.
If you are a Note Taker and interested in the role, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.