We have a current opportunity for a Project QS on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Aberdeen. For further information about this position please apply.
Are you interested in Senior Quantity Surveying, or Project Quantity Surveying jobs within the construction industry located in Aberdeen? You will have the opportunity to be working for a Scottish based Main Contractor who are hiring a Senior / Project Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis for work on a mix of projects in the Aberdeen area. Apply today!
Job Title: Senior / Project Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Permanent
The core of all they do and have done for more than 60 years is their commitment to and dedication to produce the greatest quality. Since they are a founding company of a family-run business, they can consistently bring value to whatever project entrusted to them. This strategy has helped them maintain their enviable market position as a reliable contractor with experience working in both the public and private sectors.
A Project Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Their primary role is to minimise the cost of a project while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, schedules of rates, and specifications.
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk, value management, and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Identifying, analysing, and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
The Project Quantity Surveyor works closely with the project team and is responsible for keeping all parties informed about project cost and progress. They also liaise with clients and stakeholders and work to establish strong working relationships to ensure that the project runs smoothly and meets everyone's expectations. The role requires excellent analytic, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Skills & experience
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Strong IT skills.
- Numerate and accurate in your work.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Preferably have at least 5 years construction experience in a Contracting QS role.
It is anticipated that our growing business will provide the opportunity for you to develop into a role with more responsibility and with a significant amount of upcoming work in Aberdeen over the coming years; the business is now based in Aberdeen, and we are building a local team to successfully deliver these projects. The company can also assist successful candidates in achieving their RICS APC.
An attractive package is on offer dependent on experience. Benefits include £/attractive salary, profit share scheme, generous holidays, a fully expense company car, and excellent contributory Pension Scheme. Hours of work are 8am to 5pm.
If you are interested in the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor / Project Quantity Surveyor in Aberdeen, please apply with your up-to-date CV. No cover letter is required.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.