We currently have an opportunity for a Tenancy Sustainement Project Worker on a part time basis (2 days per week however there can at times be opportunities to work more hours) for a small charity who work with young female survivors of sexual abuse. You will be helping to make a difference to their lives and to develop skills to build an independant life and a positive future. You will be helping young women who have experienced sexual abuse or any form of sexual violence to hold on to their own tenancies, providing one-to-one support and intervention.
The organisation provide a warm and welcoming environment for all of their staff and young women. The values of the charity Courage, Compassion and Connection run through every aspect of their attitude, approach and service provision. There are great opportunities for personal training and development as well as a generous pension package and annual leave allowance.
The main duties of the role are:
- To provide direct 1:1 support and psycho education around abuse (from a feminist perspective), homelessness and the impact on tenancy sustainment
- To provide trauma informed motivation and positivity to the young women to encourage personal development, Independence and change to the level they wish on a person centered and solution focused basis.
- To access and make referrals for additional practical supports both internal and external to maximize support and recovery.
- To provide support, information, advice and act as a consultant to staff in youth housing and homelessness departments and other relevant departments/services/agencies who are working with
or likely to have contact with survivors of sexual abuse and TS4S young women
- To network with other agencies, establish referral pathways, partnerships, attend Local opportunities, forums, open days, events etc.
- An understanding of Mens Violence against Women and Girls (MVAWG) and ability to work from a feminist perspective in all aspects of role.
- A relevant qualification in counselling and/or Community Education, housing, Social Work or other related field.
- Holding or Working towards SVQ level3 Health and Social care or equivalent.
- At least 1 years' experience and skills in providing individual emotional/psychological support involving housing/homelessness and/or MVAWG
- An understanding of the links between sexual abuse/MVAWG and homelessness
- Experience of working directly and creatively with young people individually and in groups
- Ability to maintain a non-victim blaming, trauma informed and pro-active solution focused approach.
- Experience of liaising, networking and building relationships with other agencies
- Experience advocating on behalf of young people
- Ability to provide crisis intervention, safe plan and safeguard if required.
For this role access to a car is essential.
The closing date is 10th Feb & Interviews will be held on 16th Feb
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.