We're currently recruiting for our public sector client in Glasgow. They are looking for a Data Analyst Lead to work within their Planning Department. Someone from a strong BI background (preferably Qlikview) would be preferred. This role would suit someone with at least 5 years' experience in a similar role.
This role can be performed on a remote basis with on-site working 2-3 days a month.
Salary; £44k - £52k
Pension; 21% Employer Contribution
The role holder will be expected to drive innovation and improvements across the organisation's planning and budgeting cycle to create alignment between strategic planning and their ambitions to support sustainable economic development. They will use initiative, knowledge, and judgement to make clear, evidence-based decisions on issues relevant to all aspects of the role, escalating appropriately where further input is required.
Other duties include;
- Working with external partners to build relationships and the development of in-house and external development of economic impact reporting and assessment capability
- Co-ordinating deep dive analysis and recommendations on specific issues e.g., policy, impact analysis, strategic reviews etc
- Supporting the development of business cases for new investments and working in support of projects across the institution to establish compelling Strategic, Outline, and Full Business cases to maximise funding opportunities
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the organisation's provision and outputs to be able to accurately prioritise, inform and present integrated analysis
Skills and Experiences Required;
- Authoritative knowledge of Economic Impact Analysis and the HMT Treasury Green Book
- Experience of using Economic Impact Analysis and HMT Treasury Green Book guidance for the development of Business Cases.
- Experience of using Business Intelligence platforms e.g., Qlikview, Tableau
- Develop and maintain an understanding of how the organisation operates, as well as its strategic drivers and apply this knowledge to produce relevant insight from data that can be used to support decision making, business cases and strategic planning
- Experience in leading, planning, and organising your own work over the short-medium term with an awareness of competing deadlines and longer-term issues.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.