I'm currently recruiting for a Senior Front-End Systems Developer on a permanent basis on behalf of our public sector client based in Edinburgh.
Salary: £43k - £52k
- Generous Annual Leave policy (36 days 4 Christmas Public Holiday days)
- Generous family friendly leave and pay policies including maternity leave, partner leave, shared parental leave, emergency time off for dependants leave, and special leave provisions
- Generous Occupational Sick Pay
- Workplace Nursery Scheme enabling employees a tax efficient salary sacrifice scheme to pay for childcare facilities.
- Hybrid Working Model (1 Day on-site)
The role holder will design, develop, integrate, and test software systems following the organisation's IT architecture. They will generally work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams developing or procuring new or enhanced software systems. As a lead developer within project teams the Senior Developer has responsibility for the systems analysis, design, and technical architecture of the proposed solution and for ensuring successful development to produce an effective IT service. As a senior member of the team, the Senior Analyst Developer provides a source of expertise, knowledge, and guidance for junior team members.
- Based on a detailed understanding of software capabilities and business processes, create detailed specifications and estimates for software systems which most effectively meet the requirements of the organisation.
- Develop, integrate and/or implement high quality business software systems using a variety of different technologies to agreed technical and business specifications
- Direct and guide staff in order to enhance effectiveness of project teams and ensure the quality and timeliness of project deliverables
- To work closely with the team leader in managing the efficient running of the team, carrying out a range of activities in relation to staff recruitment, resourcing and development, including regular 1:1 meetings and annual development reviews.
- Build and maintain relationships to ensure effective on-going stakeholder engagement with projects.
- Maintain and apply an in depth understanding in one or more IT specialist areas (technology applications, systems analysis, design etc.) to develop practical business solutions disseminating knowledge and best practice to colleagues both in Applications Division and externally
Experience & Skills:
- Systems analyst or design role experience in a lead capacity for complex developments
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of large projects
- Understanding of a Relational Database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Experience in using a front-end framework such as Vue.js, React or Angular.
- Experience in using Python, ideally with Django or Flask frameworks.
- Experience working with customization tools to develop bespoke additions to a prebuilt solution.
- Understanding of continuous integration and automated deployment.
If you would be interested in learning more about this role, please send over a copy of your CV and I can give you more details.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.