Morgan Hunt are currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator on a permanent basis on behalf of our public sector client based in Edinburgh.
Salary: £36k - £43k
Annual Leave: 40 Days
Working Model: Hybrid, 2 Days on-site; 35 Hours per Week
This post sits within the team which has responsibility for the operation, development, maintenance, and facility management of services and systems which use Linux and Unix operating systems, together with the central provision of compute and data storage services for both the organisation's functions and its research base. This may include responsibility for, or specialisation in, specific services or aspects of a service (e.g., research compute facilities, infrastructure hosting, storage, backup, virtualisation, etc.).
Main Duties Include:
- Ensure the continued day to day operation of the key services which underpin the normal running of the organisation in order it to achieve its aims in research.
- Ensure the integrity and safety of data on all managed services including the secure backup, restoration and archiving of data in line with the organisation's requirements for restoration of service in the event of a disaster.
- To support the rest of the Systems Team in responding to queries and issues which may arise in the use of these services to ensure the smooth running of all related services in the organisation.
- Experience of administering computational infrastructure and services.
- At least 2 years of Linux systems administration.
- Experience of server virtualisation technologies including VMware and OpenStack.
- Experience of distributed filesystems such as Ceph.
- Demonstratable task technical ownership experience.
- Experience of clustered web technologies.
- Experience of working with change management processes
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Python or PHP
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.