We have a current opportunity for a Teaching Administrator on a full time, temporary basis. The position will be based in Glasgow.
To work as a member of the team responsible for providing effective and proactive administrative support for teaching and assessment. This post is outward facing and student focused with an emphasis on the provision of high-quality support for teaching activity with the aim of enhancing the UG student experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be the first point of contact for students and staff with teaching responsibilities.
2. To provide efficient and effective organisation of teaching and assessment activities on campus online.
3. To develop and maintain close working relationships with the Undergraduate Medical School
Administrative and Academic teams to ensure quality and consistency of the student experience.
4. To maintain accurate record keeping.
5. To manage and resolve queries from students and staff, providing advice and guidance and referring on-wards as appropriate.
6. Working with the teaching team and Block Leads to organise annual lecture timetables, resolving any timetabling issues, and booking rooms through the University's timetabling system,
7. To recruit and co-ordinate teaching facilitators for Problem Based Learning teaching sessions.
8. To provide administrative support for all elements of assessment, including final grade upload and clerking Board of Examiner meetings.
9. To work closely with the teaching support team to co-ordinate Vocational Studies teaching sessions for students.
10. To ensure that all students are Registered and Enrolled each academic session.
11. To work with the Team to co-ordinate Induction Week events for new students.
12. To maintain and update the Moodle sites.
13. To maintain student record attendances on the Attendance System, flagging issues as appropriate.
14. To organise and take minutes of Staff-Student Liaison Committee meetings, ensuring appropriate actions are followed through.
15. To provide organisational support for student meetings with the Year Director.
16. To raise requisitions and generate purchase orders through the Agresso system.
17. To provide on-the-day administrative support at OSCE clinical assessments.
18. To provide other administrative support as requested by the School Manager and Deputy Manager.
- Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 7 (Advanced Higher/ Scottish Vocational Qualification Level 3, Higher National Certificate) or equivalent, and experience of personal
development in a similar role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Knowledge of core University business systems including MyCampus, CMIS and Moodle
- Knowledge of business systems Agresso and HR Core
- Knowledge and understanding of University structures, policies and procedures
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Ability to understand, interpret and forward plan the administrative requirements of academics and students
- Ability to work as independently and as a member of the team
- Proven ability in committee support and minute taking
- Suitable experience of working in a relevant role
- Proven experience of working with large data sets
- Experience of working in a Higher Education professional degree programme
- Experience of Higher Education student records and timetabling systems
- Experience of working with HR recruitment processes
Please submit your CV to apply.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.