Morgan Hunt is delighted to be partnering with a University of Glasgow in Glasgow in their search for a Contract Surveyor - Estates. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a Global leader in Higher Education & Research and work alongside other Contracts and Estates professionals.
To support Facilities Services Head of Frameworks and Contracts by providing a full range of professional contract surveying and valuation services relating to the management of maintenance and minor works frameworks and contracts.
Lead the function of Contracts Supervisors and Administrative resources in ensuring commercial and contractual compliance with Contract provisions; monitoring progress to agreed programmes of work ensuring quality performance against Key Performance Indicator (KPI) mechanisms and value for money standards are recorded and maintained.
Ensure commercial management of contractor accounts in accordance with Contract provisions and KPIs
Duties and Responsibilities ( includes but not limited to )
- To lead, plan and prioritise an effective and efficient pre and post contract surveying service to support the delivery of maintenance services and minor projects; ensure preparation of all contract documentation
- To effectively plan workloads and organise several professional colleagues undertaking contract management functions (on other specific specialist categories) to ensure work is integrated and co-ordinated in line with operational plans and budget forecasts.
- To lead input to develop and implement a structured and consistent approach to scheduling, valuations and payment certification in line with audit requirements.
- To lead on the review of payment applications, monitoring of costs and progress against budget; ensure in-coming applications for payment from contractors and service providers are checked and signed off to release payment; and review and agree monthly and final accounts.
- To provide a comprehensive and professional estimating service across a diverse range of estates functions. Develop and maintain standard pricing information to support managers, supervisors, administrators, budget holders and help desk staff in addressing frequently addressed questions from customers.
- To develop repair solutions and prepare schedules of work, working with other technical staff/external consultants as required.
- To support the Frameworks and Contracts Performance Manager in recording and managing KPIs including incentivisation / gain share mechanisms. Support the appropriate introduction of balanced KPI mechanisms where these are not in place.
Experience and capability
- An ordinary degree in a relevant subject i.e., Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or Construction Management. Or: Equivalent, including professional accreditation with relevant formal training, or ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar or number of different specialist Management roles in Commercial and Contract Management.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development relevant to role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction and maintenance forms of contract, standard terms and warranty arrangements
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.