Morgan Hunt is delighted to be partnering with The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow in their search for an Energy Manager.
The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) is the UK's finest integrated conference, exhibition and live entertainment complex. With 3 venues (The SEC Centre, The SEC Armadillo and the OVO Hydro), situated in the heart of Glasgow, SEC offers the perfect combination of advanced technical facilities, professional service, proven experience, and an unbeatable location. Collectively the SEC hosts more than 260 events with over 2m customers annually, across world leading Sport, Music, Comedy, Theatre, Conferences and Exhibitions.
To support the client's Net Zero ambitions and Net Zero 2030 commitments
Responsibilities: ( Includes but not limited to)
- Develop and implement energy management strategies, procedures, and policies to reduce energy consumption
- Develop, plan and coordinate energy saving projects in line with the Net Zero 2030 strategy
- Liaise and negotiate with contractors, suppliers, and other relevant organisations as necessary to develop energy saving projects
- Conduct energy audits and compile audit reports with recommendations
- Create engaging and informative internal team training and communications to raise awareness of the importance of energy efficiency
- Create and implement a system to monitor and report energy consumption performance
- Coordinate energy management working groups to progress energy strategies and projects
- Support our finance team in negotiating and managing utility contracts
- Keep up to date with energy legislation and ensuring site compliance
- Significant experience of energy management in the building management sector
- A good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems as well as familiarity of Building Management Systems
- A strong knowledge and enthusiasm for energy management and renewable energy issues, preferably with relevant qualifications and training
- Work well in a team but also self-driven to investigate and deliver own projects
- Able to think creatively, questioning conventional practices and ways of working
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage and motivate people at all levels.
- Project management skills
- Full member of CIBSE or the Energy Managers Association
- Drive a culture of energy consciousness across site
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.