Morgan Hunt is delighted to be partnering again with the University of Glasgow in their search for several Minor Works Surveying positions. This is an exceptional opportunity to join Global leader within Higher Education & Research and work alongside other Surveying and Estates professionals.
You will support the Head of Technical Services, the Building Surveying Manager and the Facilities Managers by providing professional construction management support and technical services for the delivery of multidisciplinary minor construction works projects.
The post holder will manage multiple minor works projects concurrently and provide construction management support and technical advice to the wider Facilities Services team.
Minor works delivery can include redecoration programmes, minor refit of teaching spaces, labs or offices, complex maintenance repairs, or MEP asset and system replacements.
The University Estate comprises more than 300 buildings and 400,000m2 of space. Within this there is a heritage estate with over 60 listed building
Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to)
- The postholder is responsible for managing significant repairs, replacements and/or minor works upgrades across the entire University Estate.
- Project manage and supervise complex maintenance and minor works, from briefing and design through to construction and completion. This will include multi trades works, minor fit outs and/or mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) works, and access improvement works across the University Estate.
- Ensure modern and appropriate construction techniques are being deployed and monitor the quality and completeness of the work Contribute to the ongoing development of Estate Design Standards.
- Make sure that minor works are being carried out in accordance with agreed compliance standard.
- Support the Head of Frameworks and Contracts and colleagues in the management of framework agreements and term maintenance contract Where required act as technical lead in procurement exercises.
- Manage delegated budgets and ensure good governance, financial control and value for money. Provide necessary reports to relevant working groups and boards.
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar or number of different role Or: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9, (Ordinary Degree, Scottish Vocational Qualification level 4) in Building Surveying, or equivalent (including professional accreditation such as Royal Institute of Chartered Surveying, with relevant formal training), and experience of personal development in a similar or related building surveying management role(s) in a similar complex environment.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development relevant to role.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.