Are you interested in Senior Estimating jobs within the construction industry based in Aberdeen? You will have the opportunity to be working for multi-skilled organisation that prides itself on its people and recruiting the best talent.
Job Title: Senior Estimator
Job Type: Permanent
This Senior Estimator job opportunity is based in Aberdeen.
You will be working for a leading construction contractor in Scotland, who has an excellent reputation in the market and deliver building projects in both the public and private sector. They are a traditional building contractor with expertise in all forms of construction from steel frame, timber kit and traditional builds. The company has a collaborative approach and are committed to delivering an exceptional product every time.
- You will be responsible for the pricing of tender documentation, across a varied portfolio of projects and procurement routes.
- Prepare / organise / distribute weekly update reports
- Examine tender documents and prepare report
- Appraisal of ITT documentation to identify key risks and opportunities
- Develop & Maintain Risk & Opportunity Register for individual bids
- Participate in preparing presentations and attending interviews
- Formulating and developing alternative proposals including value engineering options
- Actively participate in tender workshops and bring in "lessons learned" from previous tenders
- Tender preparation ensuring timely completion of all bid submission information, co-ordination, organising, planning, including final document production and binding when required
- Post submission, managing the responses and clarification questions to successful conclusion
- Prepare and deliver completed cost plan using historical cost data / market testing
- Advise on cost benefits on alternative products, methodologies, design solutions
- Provide bench marking reports from historical data
- Interrogate cost documents (cost plans, supply chain quotations etc.) providing report / analysis on adequacy and suitability
- Price traditional estimates from prepared Bill of Quantities
- Carry out pricing from first principles for direct works
- Production of pricing documents, BofQ's, schedule of works, schedule of rates, contract sum analysis
Skills & experience:
- At least 3 years' experience in an Estimating environment
- Experience with Estimating Software (Conquest) (Preferable but full training will be given)
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledgeable on building and construction techniques and methodology
- Able to work independently and manage own workload but also work effectively as part of a team
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight timescales
- Early finish Friday (3:30pm)
- 32 days annual holiday entitlement
- Company vehicle provided
- Access to Well-being Champions and Mental Health First Aiders
- Generous contributory personal Pension Scheme
- Salary exchange pension with employer NI savings included
- Profit share scheme
- Excellent death in service cover
- Employee Assistance Programme including 5 counselling sessions
If you are interested in the position of Senior Estimator in Aberdeen, please apply with your up-to-date CV. No cover letter is required.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.