We have a current opportunity for a Small Works Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Aberdeen. For further information about this position please apply.
Are you interested in Site Management, or Small Works Managers jobs within the construction industry located in Aberdeen? You will have the opportunity to be working for a Scottish based Main Contractor who are hiring a Small Works Manager to spear head this new division. This will be a permanent role to work on a mix of projects in the Aberdeen area. Apply today!
Job Title: Small Works Manager
Job Type: Permanent
The core of all they do and have done for more than 60 years is their commitment to and dedication to produce the greatest quality. Since they are a founding company of a family-run business, they can consistently bring value to whatever project entrusted to them. This strategy has helped them maintain their enviable market position as a reliable contractor with experience working in both the public and private sectors.
The Small Works Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and delivery of small construction projects. The role involves working closely with clients, architects, subcontractors, and other stakeholders to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards. The Small Works Manager also manages the project team and coordinates with other departments to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Plan, organize and manage small construction projects from start to finish, including budgeting, scheduling, and monitoring progress.
- Liaise with clients, architects, subcontractors, and other stakeholders to ensure all parties are aware of project timelines, budgets, and expectations.
- Manage project teams, including recruiting, training, and assigning tasks to team members.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure quality standards are met throughout the project and work with the quality control team to carry out inspections and tests.
- Monitor project progress and make necessary adjustments to ensure project milestones are met.
- Manage project budgets and prepare financial reports.
- Ensure all necessary permits and approvals are obtained.
- Maintain accurate project records, including documentation, correspondence, and project files.
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders, including progress reports and financial reports.
- Ensure all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a small works manager or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and processes.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in project management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver's license.
An attractive package is on offer dependent on experience. Benefits include £/attractive salary, profit share scheme, generous holidays, a fully expensed company car, and excellent contributory Pension Scheme. Hours of work are 8am to 5pm.
If you are interested in the position of Small Works Manager in Aberdeen, please apply with your up-to-date CV. No cover letter is required.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.