A very well-known organisation who have their executive offices in Edinburgh require a Head of Business Intelligence on a permanent basis. The organisation has an excellent reputation and are well established in their market.
In this role you will lead a team focused on using data to accelerate the performance and efficiency across the group.
You will be passionate about data and surfacing actionable insights from data. You will work closely with financial, commercial, and operational leadership to understand the processes and plans to help develop key measures of the organisation's performance and quantifiable impacts of opportunities and risks.
The ideal candidate possesses a blend of creative, business, and technical skills and can relate key concepts of analytics and data to all levels of the organisation.
This individual will also manage the business and technical activities required to develop and deliver these capabilities.
- Lead a business analytics and business intelligence team to deliver reliable, accurate, and insightful reporting and analyses.
- Develop and standardize metrics, and business analytics processes across all functions, ensuring we are driving performance through data and insight in an efficient and effective manner. Own the creation, distribution, and adoption of KPIs and metrics for the organisation.
- Identify deliverables and prioritise and manage the backlog of data, reporting and analytics capabilities to align to the needs of the business.
- Build scalable data architecture and data pipelines for use by analysts and managers throughout the organization, including creating analytics tools and self-service dashboards for use within the team as well as by non-technical stakeholders.
- Influence the direction, design, and execution of analytics initiatives to drive accountability and continuous improvement in our operations.
- Create the team roadmap, drive alignment, and manage the prioritisation of the backlog and resources within the team and with business stakeholders.
- Foster a culture across the organisation that promotes and embeds data driven decision making and performance management. Advocate for disciplined, data-driven thinking throughout the organization.
- Establish strong cross-functional partnerships with teams including Sales, Operations, Marketing, Commercial, Finance, IT, and Legal.
- Oversee the relationship with 3rd technical delivery team and manage internal delivery resources.
- Develop our data management strategy and data governance processes.
- Strong experience in a Business Performance Management, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence and experience of managing a team.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with experience solving problems using data, providing practical business insights, and driving operational improvements
- Proactive, intellectually curious, and creative, experienced operating with a high degree of ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience influencing global cross-functional teams
- Expertise in data visualization; creating intuitive and elegant dashboards, apps, and reports.
- Exposure to ETL/ELT, data warehousing and visualisation tools.
- Experience with scenario modelling and what-if analysis.
- £70,000 Strong Benefits package
- Very flexible on location- however you must spend time in Edinburgh to learn about the business
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.