Morgan Hunt are delighted to partner with our client, a prestigious public sector organisation, who are looking for a Senior Network Engineer on an initial 6 month contract.
You will receive a daily rate up to £700 and this contract will see you Inside IR35. Support is provided from the offices near Glasgow; however, this position will be remote working for the time being.
The successful candidate will be working with enterprise networks and developing an understanding of government security guidance to deliver secure network infrastructure services.
You will require a high level of networking experience to investigate and resolve complicated networking issues. You will be expected to work closely with architects to produce and deliver designs.
To be eligible, you must have current SC clearance.
* Provide support to a team of Network engineers in the troubleshooting and resolution of network infrastructure incidents across the service, involving both physical and virtual network switching, routing and firewall equipment.
Provide technical leadership to engineering teams to deliver these solutions.
* Improve and maintain the monitoring/alerting of the ROSA network equipment.
* Ensure that all new components and installations meet or exceed our clients internal and regulatory requirements.
* Own responsibility for network changes and implement according to agreed business processes.
* Understand network vulnerability and tooling to maintain and update network infrastructure.
* Further develop existing documentation processes, and policies to ensure necessary governance and reporting is in place.
* Experience in a lead/senior network engineering role.
* Demonstrable experience with varied routing, firewall, switching and load balancing vendors to expert level.
* Expert level understanding of Networking Concepts, such as Transmission Control Protocol, Internet Protocol, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
* Expert understanding of IKE, IPSEC and standard routing protocols (OSPf/BGP). * Proven experience of producing and implementing LAN, WAN designs as well as both high- and low-level design documentation.
* Expert understanding of network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
* Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/Azure).
If this sounds like the role for you or someone you know then please don't hesitate to apply or send your CV for immediate consideration
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.