Learning Technology Manager
For Leading Educational Institution based in Edinburgh City Centre
Annual Leave - 40 Days Leave
Pension - 31% (21% Employer)
Hybrid working - 2 days in the office, 3 days from home- The employer reserves the right to change this during busy periods.
To lead and manage a team of learning technologists, instructional designers and staff development officers focused on the development and delivery of strategic curriculum projects, services, and innovations supporting the use of learning technologies in the curriculum. To provide a high-level of professional experience, advice, and guidance on learning design practice. To represent the The client in partnerships and collaborations, both internally and externally, with the objective of enriching and widening staff development for use of technology in teaching and student learning opportunities and outcomes.
- Service Management To develop and manage effective partnerships with academic and/or subject specialist teams which support the co-design and development of high quality and innovative courses, utilising a range of digital services and pedagogies. Oversee the quality and suitability of guidance, workshops, events, support, training, and documentation relating to learning design and course development.
- Team Management To support, develop, and coach team members for whom you have line management responsibility and to work effectively with colleagues and the wider leadership team in LTW directorate. To promote positivity, collaboration and efficient working practices across the section, directorate and wider institution.
- Leadership and Strategy To provide leadership in developing strategy and planning that enables academic staff to make best use of ISG services. Working with ISG senior managers in the engagement, development and delivery of strategic objectives shaping digital education at the The client. To represent the section through membership of committees and events, and where required to deputise for the section head.
- Specialist Knowledge Management To establish and maintain professional networks, representing the The client through participation in relevant groups to ensure ongoing alignment between current and future strategic needs. Ensure awareness, compliance and dissemination of authoritative knowledge relating to legislation and policy.
Planning & Organising
- Operational planning and prioritisation of user support activities. Capturing feedback, lessons learned and developing procedures for service, section, and departmental process improvements.
- The post holder will need to analyse the particular needs of each target group, revising and adjusting team activities to match. They will lead in identifying opportunities where learning technologies can be usefully adopted, and will seek to identify synergies with other services.
- Formulation, analysis and recommendation within monthly service and project reports to ISG managers, and periodic reports to The client committees and user forums as needed.
- Accountable for ensuring the overall short course portfolio statistics are maintained to allow for accurate and regular reporting.
- Planning, organising and leading user forums, workshops and events that extend to the whole The client community to ensure that knowledge is disseminated through professional presentations, and feedback is managed effectively
- Budget management, recruitment and leadership as line manager of a small team
- Managing a small team of staff.
- Supporting the institutional strategic vision to increase access to open knowledge and develop digital skills and capabilities, support engagement with learning technology and contributing to the development of institutional policies in these areas
- Leadership in the area of curriculum and learning design practice.
- Leadership and management of centrally supported learning technology tools that are available on demand for all of the The client's programmes and courses.
- The The client has ambitious plans for curriculum transformation, digital learning and teaching innovation, with local and institutional strategies and visions published.
If this role is of interest and you would like to discuss it more detail, please contact Alex at Morgan Hunt on 0161 83 83 636 or apply today!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.