Morgan Hunt currently have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to work with our public sector client on a number of Health Data projects.
Salary; £27k - £41k DOE
The role can be performed remotely anywhere in the UK with only 1 day site required per quarter for a quarterly meeting at the office, based in Dundee.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a healthcare setting, developing software to support researchers, NHS and industry to improve patient outcomes in areas such as COVID-19, Diabetes, Cerebral Palsy, Weight Management and Personalised Medicine. As a member of the development team under the direction of the Development Team Manager and Technical Manager you will work on a number of projects at every stage of the development lifecycle. This would contain translating customer requirements, discussing and implementing design solutions while participating in the continuous improvement of the team.
Main duties include;
- You will be working on a variety of projects as a software developer within the development team. The team operates in an Agile environment, and you will be expected to transition between projects depending on priority.
- You will produce and maintain system technical documentation in line with documentation standards.
- You will be expected to influence and support the team growth and provide feedback to management, reports and quality improvement initiatives. For the higher grade you will be expected to take a leading role in mentoring and supporting junior members of the development team when required or appropriate.
- You may be required to communicate technical solutions clearly both orally and in writing, sometimes to non-specialists and may be required to draft revised policies, procedures and processes within own area of responsibility.
- Degree in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Experience in designing and developing web applications, in C# (MVC, .NET).
- Experience with GitHub code repositories.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and Object-Oriented code design, principle, and best practices.
- Experience with relational (and non-relational) database programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both technical staff and senior management.
- A team player with the ability to work using own initiative, deliver outputs within agreed timeframes.
- 39 Days Annual Leave
- 21% Employer pension contribution
- Work remotely from anywhere in the UK
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.