Morgan Hunt is delighted to be partnering again with a Higher Education client in Glasgow in their search for several Building Surveying positions. This is an exceptional opportunity to join Global leader within Higher Education & Research and work alongside other Surveying and Estates professionals.
You will support the Head of Technical Services and the Building Surveying Manager, contributing to the development and implementation of policy and procedures through the provision of professional building surveying expertise.
The postholder will be responsible for providing technical surveying guidance on building architectural, fabric and associated infrastructure and manage maintenance programmes across the full client's Estate.
The Client's Estate comprises more than 300 buildings and 400,000m2 of space. Within this there is a heritage estate with over 60 listed buildings
Responsible for the effective management of an Annual Maintenance Budget, Compliance budget, and associated Revenue budgets circa £2.0M per annum. Individual projects will range from £50k-£1.0M, and by exception up to £3.0M.
Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to)
- Project manage and supervise large and/or complex building maintenance projects, from briefing and design through to construction and completion.
- Undertake surveys and feasibility studies to inform and shape future minor works and maintenance project Update asset and maintenance records.
- Ensure modern and appropriate construction techniques are being deployed and monitor the quality and completeness of the work Contribute to the ongoing development of Estate Design Standards.
- Work with the Compliance section to monitor statutory compliance activities, optimising budgets, and maintenance priorities; and ensuring that a safe environment is provided and maintained within all the building. Make sure that buildings and infrastructure are maintained and operated in accordance with agreed standards.
- Support the Head of Frameworks and Contracts and colleagues in the management of framework agreements and term maintenance contract Where required act as technical lead in procurement exercises.
- Manage delegated budgets and ensure good governance, financial control, and value for money. Provide necessary reports to relevant working groups and boards.
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar or number of different role Or: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9, (Ordinary Degree, Scottish Vocational Qualification level 4) in Building Surveying, or equivalent (including professional accreditation such as Royal Institute of Chartered Surveying, with relevant formal training), and experience of personal development in a similar or related building surveying management role(s) in a similar complex environment.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development relevant to role.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.