Morgan Hunt are currently working with a facilities company based in Bath, in their search for SIA-qualified Security Staff. The role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Security Guard, who has experience within the retail and private sectors.
As part of the security team, you will help in making sure that the centre and is accessible and safe for customers, visitors and staff. You will also be protecting buildings and valuable equipment
Job Title: Security Guard
Job Type: Temporary - ongoing
Hours: Up to 12 hours per shift
Start Date: ASAP
- Visually check people coming and going to and from the centre.
- Ensure that all fire doors are checked on an hourly basis.
- Tour buildings and grounds in order to ensure that security measures are properly undertaken.
- Confront unauthorised individuals for questioning.
- Direct visitors to their required departments within the centre.
- Patrol centre grounds and care parks in order to ensure that all is under control.
- Check cars and verify if they are parked in the right / assigned areas.
- Ensure that all security equipment is in good working order.
- Test security equipment in order to ensure that it is working properly.
- Examine situations that are potentially harmful, and intervene when necessary.
- Secure premises, property, and people by patrolling all assigned areas.
- Sound alarms when help is required.
- Counter troublemakers, and detain them until authorities arrive.
- Report irregularities, and prevent losses.
- Record observations, and place them in documents such as forms and reports.
- Implement preventative measures so as to ensure that buildings, people, and property remain safe from imminent harm.
- Respond to emergency calls for assistance in times of theft or disturbances.
- Inspect fire-fighting equipment and alarms in order to ensure that they work properly.
- Create and maintain logs of all activities performed during the shift.
- SIA License
- Previous Security experience
- Good customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation
- Experience working in a team environment
- Good physical fitness
- Able to travel and work unsocial hours
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.