Morgan Hunt are currently working exclusively with a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their search for a Permanent Senior Commercial Manager.
As a successful postholder you will be capable of delivering end-to-end commercial activity across all departments, spanning a number of key categories, including: People, Property and Digital & IT. As one of the team's Senior Commercial Managers, you will lead and manage the delivery of innovative, compliant and effective commercial arrangements in an exciting and diverse environment with contracts ranging in values of up to £3million.
The post holder will use their knowledge and experience of procurement to maximise value and manage their commercial portfolio, including supporting complex change programmes and use of joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in class contracting approaches. The Senior Commercial Manager will also play a pivotal role in building a strong commercial function as it expands, so that the organisation has the necessary capability to deliver its business needs, whilst ensuring value for money is delivered and providing assurance to the Accounting Officer.
As one of the Senior Commercial Managers, you will also have the opportunity to play an influential role in driving forward an exciting programme of Commercial Transformation.
Job Title: Senior Commercial Manager
Salary: Up to £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 - 37.5 hours per week)
- Lead and manage the delivery of procurement activity, exhibiting standards of excellence whilst providing a flexible, responsive and high performing service
- Take a key role in leading, developing and implementing category management and contract management
- Be accountable for the efficient, assured and compliant delivery of all new commercial arrangements, working with other functions and stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes
- Ensure maximum savings and benefits are delivered to the organisation through a programme of commercial transformation
- Ensure that contract management is a consideration in all procurement activity undertaken by the Commercial Team
- Drive contractual performance using professional expertise and market knowledge to obtain excellent outcomes, particularly in relation to price and contractual performance standards.
- Build commercial knowledge, awareness and capability across the organisation, enabling the business to make to make informed sourcing decisions that support delivery of operational outcomes
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders to regularly monitor supplier performance, taking necessary corrective action to ensure that organisational objectives are met
- Manage and coach other members of the team.
- A proven track record as a senior commercial professional with extensive experience of managing end to end procurement activity, contracting, and supplier relationship management (Lead Criteria)
- Ability to provide effective, inclusive and inspirational leadership to deliver results, recognise outstanding performance,and deal effectively with under performance
- Able to scope, plan and ensure the delivery of commercial strategies and write concise commercial documentation.
- A proven track-record in contract management in a public sector, or similar regulated environment, with the ability to lead negotiations and resolve contentious commercial issues, delivering value-for-money results
- Excellent business acumen with the ability to analyse business problems and apply evidence-based thinking to strategic and operational decision making
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to deal collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Senior Commercial Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.