We're currently recruiting for a Senior Data Science Manager on a permanent basis for our public sector client based in Glasgow.
Salary; £55k - £62k
- 40 Days Annual Leave
- 31% Pension Contribution (21% Employer)
- Hybrid Working Options
The postholder will be responsible for managing a team of data scientists, research engineers, and information professionals in support of the organisation's national data service and research centre activities as well as supporting related research activities. They will provide strategic leadership in data engineering, data science, research computing technology, and information governance for a centre which is pioneering developments in urban analytics and computational social science, and for developing, managing, and implementing research computing, data, and information services within the organisation.
Duties/ Responsibilities include;
- Provide strategic and operational management of the organisation's data services and collections, with responsibility for development of data service project plans, reports, strategy and policy implementation, including setting the quality and professional standards for the data service and managing its delivery.
- Develop and promote research computing and data science activities and services for delivery as part of organisation's data services
- Develop and direct implementation of the Data Services Strategy and Data Acquisition Strategy
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for department's data science team, ensuring the provision of customer-focused research computing and data services in a cost-effective way, and ensuring that staff have access to appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Engage closely with internal researchers and third-party research users of the data services to plan technology- and data-led research, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations and standards.
- Provide strategic and operational management of department's technology budget and oversee investment into computing infrastructure, services and data, ensuring maximum value for money is achieved and utilising central organisation research computing services where appropriate
- Significant experience in a research computing provision, data service management or closely related roles
- Experience managing strategic projects
- Staff management experience and a track record of developing and motivating a team
- Establishing and managing high-performing teams
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets including high-value contracting/procurement
- Experience in operational planning: implementation of high-level strategic policy objectives
- Experience of advising and informing senior management decision-making
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.