We have a current opportunity for a Senior Estimator on a permanent basis. The position will be a hybrid role working from home 3/4 days a week and a day or two based in Aberdeen. For further information about this position please apply.
As a Senior Estimator you will have excellent communications skills and great attention to detail. You will be able to negotiate with a range of professionals both internally and externally and be able to make accurate time and cost estimates. You will be required to resolve and deal with any situation that may arise, and you must have good problem-solving skills. In your new job role, you will be responsible for calculating construction cost estimates and will be involved in the planning, development, negotiation, and the execution of contracts.
This is a hybrid role which means your job can be based from home with you going to the office based in Aberdeen once a week depending on experience and location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing project and bid strategies. You will do so by analysing project proposals and historical cost data. Ultimately, your work will help develop new business opportunities. Experience estimating within the UK construction industry is essential.
- Attend bid meetings and develop and execute bid strategy.
- Be competent in submitting tenders ranging in value from £50k to £20m.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of bills of quantities including method of measurement.
- Demonstrate excellent numerical and mathematical skills in order to calculate costs.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and to participate fully as a team member and produce measurable results.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local market price for cost of labour, plant and materials.
- Experience working with a recognised estimating software package, such as Causeway Estimating.
- Demonstrate ability to produce high quality work and to work under pressure to achieve tender deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Construction Management or related field of study
- Experience estimating construction or residential projects or relevant engineering experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
You will have the opportunity to work with a well-established construction company who deliver projects across the North East of Scotland. They have a genuine interest in career progression and stability. Salary package £60,000 DOE Company car or car allowance. Company Pension 34 days Holidays Private Healthcare and a range of other benefits. The company will provide accommodation for days in the office if required, depending on location.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.