Morgan Hunt are working exclusively with a large West/South West London based Education organisation who are looking for a Senior Finance Business Partner on a permanent basis. This is a hybrid role with one day in the office with the team and flexibility on the rest, paying £55,202 to £58,341. Reporting into the Director of Finance, as a Senior Finance Business Partner you will be looking after 2 Finance Business Partners yourself. This is a very supportive and forward thinking team who are led by a director who is focused on both individual and team training and development.
This Senior Finance Business Partner will work as an integral member of the Finance team to proactively identify, plan and meet the finance needs of the business in order to improve business performance. Supporting the Director of Finance to positively challenge Senior Leaders, budgets holders and business activities to enable and deliver the best business outcomes. To ensure a professional, customer focused accounting service is provided to management, cost centre managers and all stakeholders - being able to see past the numbers and into the business needs!
Main responsibilities of the Senior Finance Business Partner:
- Prepare the organisation and its subsidiaries company annual revenue and capital budgets.
- Prepare curriculum budgets using a course file model approach, from the bottom up.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for presentation to the Senior Leadership Team and committees.
- Prepare monthly cashflow reports.
- On a monthly basis monitor the financial position of all cost centres and provide support to budget managers. This will involve meeting with managers, providing financial advice and recommending to the Director of Finance the remedial action be taken where appropriate.
Person specification of the Senior Finance Business Partner:Assist in the preparation of the business case for capital investment programmes.
- Be a member and lead on occasional project teams where required to provide financial advice to college initiatives.
- To be responsible, in conjunction with the Director of Finance, for the development and maintenance of all college financial applications.
Manage and complete the year-end financial accounts for presentation to the Director of Finance.
- Provide advice on financial accounting matters arising from changes in government funding and accounting policies.
The ideal Senior Finance Business Partner will have/be:
- The ability to adopt an Ambitious approach - using innovation and creativity to realise the vision
- A demonstrable track record of accepting Accountability and taking responsibility for outcomes
- The ability and determination to promote equality and diversity throughout all aspects of College life, including employment and service delivery
- At least 3 years accounting experience
- Experience of working within the Public Sector/Education Sector
- Experience in preparing financial accounts
- Experience in preparing budgets
- Experience of working with different stakeholders
- Experience of policy development and implementation
- Experience of managing staff including coaching, conducting appraisals
- Qualified accountant (CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW)
- Qualified by experience in the absence of a relevant professional qualification
- To be highly numerate with excellent oral and written communication skills especially when communicating financial matters to non-financial staff
- Ability to change processes as per the changing needs of the organisation
- Be a problem solver with a view to achieving efficiencies
If you are looking for a new permanent Senior Finance Business Partner role, reporting into a refreshingly supportive and driven Finance Director, based in West/South West London then please apply ASAP!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.