Job Title: Senior Regulatory Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Salary: £55,290- £58,054
I am working exclusively with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA), who are looking for a 'Senior Regulatory Manager'. Representing over 30,000 members worldwide, the organisation are responsible for overseeing continuous professional development whilst setting professional standards for members.
As a 'Senior Regulatory Manager', you will engage with the wider regulatory policy team to provide advice and support to the IFoA in relation to its public interest regulatory role whilst managing a small team that supports significant regulatory functions.
This role will have a particular focus on the services that the IFoA provides in supporting and encouraging members in meeting their professional regulatory requirements. This includes delivery of the IFoA's professional and regulatory support Services and its professional skills training requirements.
- To provide senior-level regulatory advice and support to the organisation regarding support of members in fulfilling their professional standards.
- Deputising for the Head of Department and managing a small team of regulatory policy professionals.
- Representing the organisation at external meetings, events and conferences to promote policy initiatives.
- Presenting at meetings of principal organisation Committees and Boards (including Council) and responding to queries from senior members.
- Engaging with external service providers in relation to contracts and delivery of services.
- Engaging with external stakeholders and building relationships with their key representatives, including, co-regulators, the IFoA's oversight body and actuarial employers.
- Working closely with teams providing Reflective Practice Discussion function as part of the CPD requirements and the team providing Professional Skills Training content.
- Leading, from time to time, on the development and delivery of regulatory change projects.
- Ability to deliver services or functions against strategic objectives and KPIs
- Experience of delivering effective support services to professionals or other similar senior individuals.
- Experience of overseeing a high standard of member/customer experience
- Sound understanding of professional regulation concepts and approaches.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong commercial and strategic awareness
- Excellent team worker
- Experience of giving presentations, such as to committees/ conferences.
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience of developing training content and materials related to professionalism (desirable)
- Experience of project management (desirable)
- Experience of advising or working with Boards and/or Committees (desirable)
Feel free to contact Alex Cannon at or on 07925851747 to learn more about this role.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.